3 Contests that you would not miss....

Best Dam BBQ ,Boulder City NV. for 1, Stagecoach,Indio Ca.2,and last would be,any local,well organized,KCBS,or IBCA sanctioned event.

I will say that Jim puts on a good one at Kettering. It just doens't look good, as it's up against Shannon for me this year. But his location and layout and goodies are second to none. Very cool contest location.

Thanks Scottie....hope you can make it.

Kettering, OH. has to be on the list, also. Jim & Co. has done an awesome job, and I really hope to be there again next year, if my schedule at home allows!

Thanks Roger! It's always good to see you and Dawn.

I would have to go with Madison, Kettering & Owensboro. We really think the people puttiing them on work their butts off for the cooks and the contests are the great.

Thanks Sid! Maybe you and Connie can get another teepeeing in Kettering. :wink:

Thanks Sid! Maybe you and Connie can get another teepeeing in Kettering. :wink:

Thanks - we do love that thought!!
icon7.gif

For anyone that has an opening in their schedule or can make an opening - they really do need to put Kettering on their list. Outstanding event!!!!!
icon14.gif

Plus it has been tested by Mother Nature and passed. (Those that were there know what I am talking about!)
That is the understatement of the year.....it became not only I went to Fairbanks, but, I survived Fairbanks....and yeah, the cooks chip in dinner was phenomenal....and every team still had the smiles going the next morning after the night....

However the Royal was pretty bad - we weren't on the list for the invite and the rep was a - let's say less than helpful. Plus other things

Tom

Tom, just say it! Say what you're thinking... that it sucked to have to be next to us all weekend! :twisted: :lol:

herman mo i just love the big lay out close to home

columbia mo there are some good q ers there if you do well in columbia you are going some where !!!!

glasgo mo just an layed back contest it is nice to have one of them

york

Two immediately come to mind,

1. Que and Cruz, Bill and his gang ran a first rate contest last year, without sanctioned by MABA. This year its a KCBS event, so there will be even more teams. The sites the teams get each have their own water/electric, are big enough to get the toy hauler into and still have room to cook, and the area is peaceful. Until someone yells, "I LOVE TI$%IES" at 4am, that was interesting to say the least!:shock::shock:

2. Galvinells Meat Company BBQ Contest. Jen and her father have been doing this one for a couple of years now, proceeds benefit local youth groups. Great site, excellent support from Jen and the crew, great run contest.

For the third one, not really sure yet. I would say Bel Air, but heard a rumor, they are no more. Same for Yardley and Berks. Maybe Pickin in the Panhandle, fun contest, less the Hurricane last year.

Just found out that Bel Air is on for this year, so we will be going to that one, real close to home!

Tom, just say it! Say what you're thinking... that it sucked to have to be next to us all weekend! :twisted: :lol:

Sure it sucked being next to you :-D but what was worse was turning to the rep for help when we found out 1) we weren't "on the list" for the invite & 2)he didnt have our boxes AND he didn't care! Now he wants to be on the KCBS BOD! My neighbor's dog left something in my yard that could do a better job (IMHO). Luckily the volunteers were able to step up and help us get it fixed.

Jeff we'll be happy to be nexty to you guys any time.

Tom

Harpoon- Just because we have a blast there every year

Lake Placid-beautiful area and it's cool cooking on the speed skating oval

Any contest labled "Massachusetts State Championship" ask any New England Team and they can tell you why :mrgreen:

PS. I really like New Holland but that trip seems to get longer every year.

1. Kettering...Our first contest and the best organized contest I've seen so far (including the Jack)..Jim you guys are awesome!!!

2. Madison...Our Second contest had a blast and my buds found a good bar down there and they would not let me live if I didn't go back to let them go back to that bar..

3. Nelsonville, smoker went Chernobyl do to drunkness, need to rectify the weekend...(nice little town, hope the contest takes off again)

:cool:

Easy,
I look for "Cooker friendly" events.

"Best of the Best" in Douglas.

Dothan, AL

Talahassee, FL.

TIM

I almost forgot about Wildwood. It is extra cooker friendly and overall has a very good vibe.

I also agree that BOTB is very cooker friendly. They have ambassadors that check in every few hours and ask if you need anything from Wal-mart or the supermarket.

Crackers Top 10 Count Down

Let’s count them down and start with two contests that no longer exist and if they did would top the list.

10 Key Largo, FL (KCBS) Location, Location, Location.
9 Lebanon, TN (KCBS) Run almost perfect and the turn out is tops.

Now the three that party the most......

8 Felda, FL (KCBS) Rednecks, Swamp Buggies, New Years Party with fireworks.
7 Winter Haven, FL (FBA) Rock-N-Roll, Steak Dinner to Die for and FRANK!!!
6 Birmingham, AL (KCBS) Frat parties, Bands and TROY!

Smoothest Run

5 Clermont, FL (FBA) Cheryl Fishel knows how to run the show.
4 Plant City, FL (KCBS) the girls from the Chamber are tops.
3 Newnan, GA (FBA) this 3rd year contest is tops.
2 Barnesville, GA (FBA) ALL about southern hospitality.

Where do the big dogs go?
THE GC

1 Dillard, GA (Bluegrass and Barbeque)

Dillard, GA
Yep This KCBS Jewel tops my list as the best contest in the country hands down. This contest is a condensed version of the AR Invitational with a twist. The contest is held on the top of a mountain in a very beautiful setting and put on by some top notch people.
Good luck getting in as the waiting list is a mile long to get in.

If I only do 1 next year it would be KETTERING ......That was my first along with JayAre and it was a great time because of Jim and Jim. Hopefully I will learn how to cook by then.

Second one would be Bean blossom Ind. at the Bill Monroe park

Third would be Nelsonville, Ohio

1. Great Bend KS. Kent Romine is a fantastic organizer, great time!2. Harpoon. It's very unique and I enjoy the people in New England. Kyle and I also think the Rest Area/New Hampshire Liquor Store is pretty cool too! lol3. Glasgow MO/Qlossal/Any Ronnie Cates run event.....I have too many #3's and all for different reasons...

Back