THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dan2446

Name or Nickame
Dan
We are back at it again for 2016!
2015 contest was a huge success and we are looking to make 2016 even better.

5001.00 in cash prizes
www.pigmaniabbq.com
Held at Allen county fairgrounds

Event Details for Teams:

. Free Friday Dinner
. Free Saturday Breakfast
. personal Electric hookup
. personal Water hookup
. Close to shopping

***New this year - online registration and payments!!!
check our Facebook site for updates and information

We are hopeful that our years on the BBQ circuit will help us make this a great contest for everyone involved!

portion of proceeds benefit:
Community Computer Alliance (CCA) is a 501(c) 3 nonprofit organization that empowers individuals, improves our communities, and aids in conserving our world – one computer at a time.

CCA provides individual workforce development training for individuals with Autism and other developmental disabilities with partner organizations, including Embracing Autism and Food for Good Thought.

CCA’s job skills training program is directly fueled by our licensed and bonded electronic recycling services, providing the highest asset management standards to our generous corporate and individual donors.

For more information on Community Computer Alliance please click here

This looks good to me and whole lot closer than we went this year. Anyone cook this event before? Got to get the time off of work but I think this may be one we would like to do.

We did this competition this year and for a first year comp, I'd have to say it was extremely well run. It takes place on county fairgrounds near Lima OH. They made the space work great: plenty of water/elec hookups, parking at or nearby your cook site, stores close by for necessities, and no major problems at all (except we didn't win :p ) Pizza dinner on Friday night was good! We will be back again for sure.

Alright sounds awesome. Did they have ash and grease disposal areas? I actually went to one this past year without ash and grease disposal. It was a bit difficult. We did alright to handle just foiled the pans and the bottom of my WSM to keep the ash and grease in. Put the grease in a cooler on top of foiling the pan. Luckily no leaks.

Good comp last year. Haven't worked on schedule much for next year, but good chance we will be back

This looks good to me and whole lot closer than we went this year. Anyone cook this event before? Got to get the time off of work but I think this may be one we would like to do.

Great contest with almost all master cbj's. The walk was a little long for us solo cooks (1:45 ) but it was a great time.

I normally go to Westmont every year on that weekend so not sure I'll be able to make it this next year.

Dont forget to check us out on facebook by clicking this link

We have brought back "BBQ Dun Fact Friday" - a weekly trivia game.

Also, the contest information has been updates on the KCBS website

Thanks for the updates. Can't wait. I have to wait to register until vacation schedules get approved. As long as that works out we will be there.

I wanted to send out a quick update:

We are 100% certified Master Judges and
5 teams have signed up so far

This is going to be our best year ever!!!

LOL, its only our second year,
but it is going to be a blast!

I plan on making this our first ever competition. Keep an eye out for Tire Smoke BBQ as we'll be the new guys just trying to figure things out. Just confirming with the team, but application should be going in this week.

@BIGLEGGA
We look forward to hosting you this year!
please don't hesitate to give us a call if we can answer any questions for you
Dan

Back