THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Babyboomerboy

is one Smokin' Farker
The City of Yates Center is very excited about the 2nd Annual Hay Capital BBQ Cook Off and Mardi Grass Festival on July 9th and 10th. This year the cook off has added a dessert category, a Friday night cook's choice category and a Saturday morning blind judged people's choice category. Friday night will have a live band, fireworks display, and new this year, a midnight swim in the city pool and free homemade ice cream. Saturday there will be a Bike show, Car show, and an Antique Tractor show. There are over 50 arts and crafts vendors in the air conditioned school. The Topeka Drum line will preform as well as other preformances, kids games, petting zoo, big splash contest at the pool. There will also be bands playing during the day Saturday and a concert on Saturday evening and everyone is welcome to stay in their cook site and enjoy the evening. We heard nothing but good things from the cookers last year and we want to make this cook off even better this year for the cookers and their families. For more information go to www.haycapitalbbq.com So, who's coming this year?

Last edited:
As of mail call today this is the teams we have signed up.
SMOKE-N-THINGS
CNC BBQ
DUNN UP BBQ
SWEET JESUS BBQ
HEDGEHOGS
FUNNY FARM BBQ
STONE CREW BBQ
BIG B’S BBQ
BLUE BUCKET BBQ
JUST FOR FUN
MOOCOW
YARD TIME BBQ
RIBS 4 U
SMOKIN’ ED’S
KC CAN CREW
COOK SHACK
UP IN FLAMES
2 GUYS SMOKIN

We will be there! We will be one man short as Vern will be on vac., this is a problem because he cooked our first place chickin last year.:sad:

SMOKE-N-THINGS
CNC BBQ
DUNN UP BBQ
SWEET JESUS BBQ
HEDGEHOGS
FUNNY FARM BBQ
STONE CREW BBQ
BIG B’S BBQ
BLUE BUCKET BBQ
JUST FOR FUN
MOOCOW
YARD TIME BBQ
RIBS 4 U
SMOKIN’ ED’S
KC CAN CREW
COOK SHACK
UP IN FLAMES
2 GUYS SMOKIN
Add these teams to the list of cookers coming to Yates Center. Anyone else planning to come?
STICKS-N-CHICKS
WILD BLUE
BACKWOODS BBQ
NAUGHTY NURSES

SMOKE-N-THINGS
CNC BBQ
DUNN UP BBQ
SWEET JESUS BBQ
HEDGEHOGS
FUNNY FARM BBQ
STONE CREW BBQ
BIG B’S BBQ
BLUE BUCKET BBQ
JUST FOR FUN
MOOCOW
YARD TIME BBQ
RIBS 4 U
SMOKIN’ ED’S
KC CAN CREW
COOK SHACK
UP IN FLAMES
2 GUYS SMOKIN

Add these teams to the list of cookers coming to Yates Center. Anyone else planning to come?
STICKS-N-CHICKS
WILD BLUE
BACKWOODS BBQ
NAUGHTY NURSES

Add these teams to the list.
D & D BAR-BE-QUE
SMOKEN JOKERS
HARDWAY BARBECUE
HERRING HARDWARE
BURNIN’ DOWN THE HOGS

Ron, can we get our money back if its over 100 degrees this year?:razz: There should be something like that in the charter member section! See you guys in a week.

Ron, can we get our money back if its over 100 degrees this year?:razz: There should be something like that in the charter member section! See you guys in a week.
If I could trust the weatherman, I'd say yes you can get your money back if its over 100 degrees. The forecast is for Friday and Saturday to be in the low 80's and sun shine. However, since I don't trust the weatherman, the answer is no.............:p See ya next week

Hey guys,
We will be there as well again. We can't wait. Last year was a blast and we know Ron has put a ton of work into it again this year. We would be game for a pot luck dinner.
Last year my father in law cooked with me and Yates Center was our first comp.
This year it will just be me and my wife with our kids.

Last year we competed at the Double Trouble Pitt Posse, but since it is mainly just me and my family doing it now, we have changed our name to YO-HO-HO BBQ. Can't wait to see everyone again!

Ron, I hope your right about the weather. Last year was brutal!!!!

Hey guys,
We will be there as well again. We can't wait. Last year was a blast and we know Ron has put a ton of work into it again this year. We would be game for a pot luck dinner.
Last year my father in law cooked with me and Yates Center was our first comp.
This year it will just be me and my wife with our kids.

Last year we competed at the Double Trouble Pitt Posse, but since it is mainly just me and my family doing it now, we have changed our name to YO-HO-HO BBQ. Can't wait to see everyone again!

Ron, I hope your right about the weather. Last year was brutal!!!!

Quentin, we put in a request several months ago to have nice cool weather this year so I don't see any problems.....:thumb:

We are just about ready for the cook off. Today we sent out the maps to the cookers showing them where they will be set up. See ya next weekend.

Shane, are you still cooking solo this weekend?
I will have my Dad and another team member but no Vern! We did well at Yates last year so I am looking forward to it. You won't be disappointed you decided to come! Will and I are finalizing the dinner plans tonight if you want in. Yo-Ho-Ho you are welcome as well! I will post something later tonight.

Back