29lb Brisket Cook July 2nd (With Other Stuff Ongoing)

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Getting ready for my July 2nd cook tomorrow. Got the 29lb brisket thawed and will trim and inject later tonight. I figured with something this large and might as well go non-traditional and do a curry/ginger type of injection which I've never done on a brisket :clap2:. Will also, depending on how focused I am tomorrow, make a curry based sauce with the au jus from the brisket cooking tomorrow.

The menu is brisket, couple butts, rib tips, 3 ropes of my homemade corned pork sausage (asian, italian & jalapeno), and 10lbs of wings. Also made slaw and pasta salad tonight. Hopefully that is enough for 15-20 people :twitch:

Here's what I have so far......

Pics from the other day of the brisket and butts

Injection

Prep tonight. Got some prep music going too

Cut up some pineapples so gave the brisket a little hat

A "prep" pick if you know what I'm saying :icon_blush:

Slaw

Pasta salad

Plan is wake up at 6, go for a run, fire up the smoker a little after 7 and have the brisket on by 8. Eating at 5:30 so it should get done in 9hrs....in theory :biggrin1:.

I'll post some trimming and injecting pics in a bit. Happy 4th of July Weekend everyone!!

At the new place I can easily (relatively speaking) roll out the SF because the driveway is flat. But there is zero shade out that side of the house and this time of year it is hot :shock:. So into the backyard it goes for tomorrow

Will be perfect in the driveway at cooler temps.

Prep about to start

Everything looking good, waiting to see the results.
Wonder how much of the curry taste will shine through.

Everything looking good, waiting to see the results.
Wonder how much of the curry taste will shine through.

Ya I'm interested in that too. You could smell the curry when I just took it out of the fridge and hit it with more curry and other stuff to rub.

Here's this morning so far

Lighting up

Rubbed

This fire is running this temp currently. My semi-go to method is crank it hot and let it calm down

Should have it on before 8.

Good thing you faded to black.....you KNOW you were like two seconds from singing along!:biggrin1:

Oh I was rocking it before. No shame in my game. Seen it too many times watching our friends kids :biggrin1:. The Jack makes me sing better..........I think........:doh:

Definitely think the curry will come through. I've made a couple curry sauces/rubs, and it always is very distinctive.

I'd say the cutting board was a bit over matched by the brisket. It didn't have a chance.

Definitely think the curry will come through. I've made a couple curry sauces/rubs, and it always is very distinctive.

I'd say the cutting board was a bit over matched by the brisket. It didn't have a chance.

Ha! Ya that plastic cutting board I've had for a long time and is the largest one I have. I'm always thinking I should get a larger one, but I just like how funny it looks when trimming brisket or larger meats :biggrin1:

Back