270 vs Humphreys

I've chimed in already and I have limited experience with other smokers. I had a little sticker shock when buying my Humphrey's but I wouldn't get rid of it now for any reason. Love it. I'm not sure that there are huge differences between these cabinets so either choice will likely be great.

Between a Humphrey's and Backwoods, I'm partial to the Humphrey's even though Backwoods is almost next door.

Like 270, Humphrey's has some vocal negativity on the forums. I attribute this to the normal WalMart syndrome as well; one negative experience is repeated over and over in a very vocal way as if that would make any difference whether at the customer service counter or online. Happy customers aren't nearly as vocal or confrontational.

The one thing to me that 270 has going for it is the grate orientation. The wheel location for transport is pretty nice too.

When it's all said and done, I'd be happy with either choice as there are always subtle trade-offs whenever you compare two similar competitive smokers.

When I was researching my first purchase I looked at every cooker at every comp. When I saw a Backwoods and Humphrey's side by side it was an easy choice.

I have had my Humphreys Pint for just over a year. It has been extremely easy to use and turns out some damn good BBQ. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend one to anyone.

Back