250 Reverse Flow w/ Trailer Build

Next I welded on some new fenders and added a shelf under the doors. My original plans were to have this shelf fold out of the way when not in use but the axle is so wide this seemed like a lot of trouble for nothing. Since the tires are wider than the shelf, I made it permanent, and it turned out very solid. I also built a table over the firebox that will swing IN when on the road and swing OUT when it is in use. Took me two attempts on this to get it the way I wanted it but I am pleased with the way it turned out and it added a lot of table space. (another borrowed idea)

Smoker2011-18.jpg

Smoker2011-22.jpg

Smoker2011-23.jpg

Smoker2011-38.jpg

Also got the gauges in place.

START A FIRE SHE'S LOOKING LIKE SHE WANTS TO GET HOT!!! Awesome build. Very nice skillset. An inspiration to us all.

That is lookin' great! Love that swivel table, thinkin' I might put one on mine:-D.

Question on the stack, does it go down into the cooker between the grates?

Sorry it's been so long guys, had some major computer issues that I needed to work out. Next I rolled this beast outside, jacked her up, and started sandblasting.

Smoker2011-46.jpg

Smoker2011-45.jpg

Smoker2011-44.jpg

Smoker2011-43.jpg

Did I mention that I HATE to sandblast. I have only done it a couple of times in my life but I am still digging sand out of cracks and crevices.

Much respect brother! That's looking awesome! Great work so far for sure! I did some stack baffles like that (link in my sig)... they work great, you'll be happy with em. Cant wait to see her all painted up and pretty.

Cheers

Fabulous build! this is turning out to be a real professional type pit. Also reall like the reverse flow design looks like it will have great even heat and good smoke!

Not to throw a wrench in your program but have you thought about running one more pass on your welds connecting the fire-box to the smoke chamber? The reason I say this is there is a lot of stress and forces there and with just one pass your metals are stressed as well. One more pass will relieve that and make it stronger.....the smoker looks awesome by the way. :thumb:

Wow that looks fantastic, you should be way proud. I'm dying to see it painted, keep up the great work.

Got14u,
I appreciate the suggestion but I feel like I have the firebox welded on pretty solid. What you can't see from the pictures is that I welded on the firebox before I installed the inside baffle. This allowed me to put one heavy "pretty" bead on the outside and I applied a couple heavy-duty welds on the inside as well. I feel like this allowed me to keep a professional look on the exterior but beef up things where they can't really be seen. I am, by no stretch of the imagination, a professional welder (haven't even been formally trained). Just picked up bits and pieces on the job, researched online, and practiced when the opportunity presented itself. I knew that if I tried to weld in two passes, what I thought could be done in one, I wouldn't be happy with the way it would look. Thanks for looking out because you are right, there will definitely be some heat/stress on those joints.

This thing has turned out great. How is the trailer working? Is it heavy enough in the springs?

Rick T,
The trailer has worked out great. This is the original trailer that used to pull the tank when it was full of propane so I assume it is lighter now, even with the addition of firebox, baffle, racks, etc. than it would be if the tank was full of propane.

Back