24" disc harrow blade for discada/wok: $26

That's a big key right there. Concavity is really more important than the diameter. The deeper discs are better for liquids (oil). Once you guys cook on one you will see how easily the oil can be stirred around and even drip off the edge of the disc and onto the fire source or onto the deck, concrete or your shoes. The deeper ones are just a better bet for all around cooking. Don't wear flip flops when using your disc either!:shock:

I swung by the John Deere dealer after work. The 18" ones were $28, and the 22" were $56. The 18" ones did not look quite big enough. The 22" one must have been the 2-1/2" concavity, it looked and felt right for what we're talking about.

Depending on how the oil would settle, it looked like there would be a 6 or 7 inch diameter area for frying. Plenty of room on the sides for stuff to drain or rest. For cooking down meat in a liquid or sauce, I would guess they would hold 2 or 3 quarts.

I took a spin by the used equipment area.....maybe after midnight I could make a good deal. :twisted:

disc002.jpg

If you going to just build one buy a new one if you going to sell them find some use ones free. Hole is very easy to fill with a MIG. , buy a smaller size for the lid.

Sounds great for serving but not so great if you plan on fueling it with wood or briquettes.

But then again, you could cook with a stand. I could sell it both ways. I'll have to experiment when I have one.

Just thinking out loud here......The thing with discs is that they have different concavities, and of course the larger the diameter the more concave you can get, as well as the thicker you can get. I'm thinking that the one spec'd out as 22" X 6mm, 2-1/2" concavity (or larger) would be the ticket.......It is $55, but it's twice a thick as the smaller ones, which means a lot when it comes to heat control. It also will hold a lot more liquid than the less concave ones. I need to swing by an implement dealer tomorrow and size up their inventory first hand.

:biggrin: The funny thing here is, I bet this ArgiSupply place is really scratching their heads trying to figure out why folks are ordering singles instead of a set.

I planned to weld the rim on for larger loads and a lid control

That's a big key right there. Concavity is really more important than the diameter. The deeper discs are better for liquids (oil). Once you guys cook on one you will see how easily the oil can be stirred around and even drip off the edge of the disc and onto the fire source or onto the deck, concrete or your shoes. The deeper ones are just a better bet for all around cooking. Don't wear flip flops when using your disc either!:shock:

^^^see last response.

If you going to just build one buy a new one if you going to sell them find some use ones free. Hole is very easy to fill with a MIG. , buy a smaller size for the lid.

I have a cnc plasma I can cut myself a lid. I was thinking of a few other mods but will wait for the discs to be delivered.

As for the confusion at Agri supply, I'm sure people buy ones and 2s when they break ones and 2's or when the repair guy is changing all 18 or so and only has 17.. :rolleyes:

I still think this is the best design for a wood or charcoal model I have ever seen. Easy on the back. You can easily adjust the level of the heat. Has the lid and just seems to have it all. I think the base should be a little wider though, for safety.
Plow Disc Cooker

by J. Lusk

965949993_350w.jpg

60_66_72_Weight_Lifting_Handle_Bar.jpg

Can you see where I'm going with this???

:lol: Tell that to the guy on the left that's getting his eyebrows singed off and 3rd degree burns on his arms. Those pics show the two extremes quite well. I got a kick out of it. Fire management is key.

Come to think about it, the guy looks like he burnt off his right ear some time back.

I swung by the John Deere dealer after work. The 18" ones were $28, and the 22" were $56. The 18" ones did not look quite big enough. The 22" one must have been the 2-1/2" concavity, it looked and felt right for what we're talking about.

Depending on how the oil would settle, it looked like there would be a 6 or 7 inch diameter area for frying. Plenty of room on the sides for stuff to drain or rest. For cooking down meat in a liquid or sauce, I would guess they would hold 2 or 3 quarts.

I took a spin by the used equipment area.....maybe after midnight I could make a good deal. :twisted:

disc002.jpg

So..............did you strike up a deal last night?:roll:

Back