**22" WSM Rib-O-Lator Rotisserie Mod**

Quick question.
My rotisserie mod no longer has the plastic end(assume that is only for handling) nor does the weight work on it anymore. Would this cause an issue?

Quick question.
My rotisserie mod no longer has the plastic end(assume that is only for handling) nor does the weight work on it anymore. Would this cause an issue?

I have never used the counterbalances that came with the spits. No problems without it, it must be for using spit forks.

The plastic end is for shipping and handling, I'd toss it.

With the new Kettle sized trays!

And I am the first to demo them, so I modified the center section of my 22" WSM, added the Weber motor mount and the Rib-O-Lator is ready to roll!

Made a 14" diameter expando charcoal ring (same size as the 18" WSM) for fuel efficiency, emptied a 9lb bag of Stubb's briqs and used Apple and Peach for smoke.

I love cooking with the Rib-O-Lator!

Brian,

Are the trays on the new R-O-L wider ?
On my R-O-L I can only do Baby Back ribs. The St Louis style are too wide and even if I "force" them into the trays they still will flip over.

Last edited:
Nope- the Weber or EZ-Que ring will NOT fit on the WSM.

But if you have a ring and a Cajun Bandit-what are you waiting for?

IMG_1212.jpg

Gonna have to look into this cajun bandit. Looks like something i could use for fish

Brian,

On my R-O-L I can only do Baby Back ribs. The St Louis style are do wide and even if I "force" them into the trays they still will flip over.

That doesn't sounds good. Looking forward to the answer!

Brian,

On my R-O-L I can only do Baby Back ribs. The St Louis style are do wide and even if I "force" them into the trays they still will flip over.

Nope, the trays are not any wider than the Original R-O-L. I hate to waste meat, but this is something to consider when picking out Babybacks or trimming spares to fit the trays. The ribs will shrink up lengthwise.

The trays have a rectangular shape that the ribs must be cut to fit into. It is no big deal and it works good.

Last edited:
Lookin' GOOD Brian! Gonna have to get my hands on a 22" version of the rib-o-lator.

As usual, Michael's pics are GREAT!!

That's why he's the STAFF PHOTOGRAPHER! :icon_cool

If you can't wait, give BOB a call- you may be able to pick one up in North Seattle.:idea:

Brian,

On my R-O-L I can only do Baby Back ribs. The St Louis style are too wide and even if I "force" them into the trays they still will flip over.

Hmm... I only ever do St Louis cut (cut them just above the bone) and they fit just fine... once in a while I get a rack that's a bit wider and it is a tighter fit, but it's rare.

As for flipping over - The only time this has been a problem for me is if the X brackets aren't spaced apart properly and they either catch on the bracket because they are too close together or the tray falls off because it's too far apart.

I set my X brackets just wide enough apart that I can get the trays in and out only if I flex the trays just a hair - they're S.S. so they spring right back into place - works perfectly for everything I've done - ribs, chicken, fish, cheese...

Back