22.5" Weber One-touch Gold vs Silver

Brian/Swamp......Last weekend I had a fire in my backyard on my deck. Life sucked. Kevin

So sorry to hear about this, but happy that it wasn't much worse.

Sure makes us all think about our smoker set up at home.

Sounds like you are bouncing back well and have great family support. Good luck with getting things back to normal.

I am smoking as we speak my brothers!

With a brand spankin new "Mr. Meat Smoker", I got on CL about 6 months ago thats been stored in my garage. Got a small chuckie goin and addin a fattie in an hour or so.

Pics to follow!

With a brand spankin new "Mr. Meat Smoker", I got on CL about 6 months ago thats been stored in my garage. Got a small chuckie goin and addin a fattie in an hour or so.

Pics to follow!

You da Man!!!! Nothing gonna stop a hard core farker.:mrgreen:

Pics to follow!

No damage to the Astro-turf I hope?

I vote Gold as well.

No restriction to air flow.

I've never had the pins pop off or bend, but then I do treat my Weber with kid gloves!!!

The only complaint I'd have with the Weber ketle in general is that the vent fins bend up over time and being rivited it's hard to get them flush with the kettle bowl.

I have the gold ($60 on CraigsList) and love it. I actually like that it has the ash catcher for the mess factor. I don't think it restricts air flow. I use it strictly for chicken in competition now. It will get so hot the skin will get crispy. I will constantly be on the lookout for another one.

I have the gold ($60 on CraigsList) and love it. I actually like that it has the ash catcher for the mess factor. I don't think it restricts air flow. I use it strictly for chicken in competition now. It will get so hot the skin will get crispy. I will constantly be on the lookout for another one.

Chicken is my main reason for gettng one; however, if the bank ever approves my loan for it, I might try a steak sometime.

I've got both an 18" Silver and a 22 1/2" Platinum which is the Gold with a side table. The Platinum is what gets used. I picked both up off of CL for very little. I've had no problem with air flow with the ash catcher but I empty it on a regular basis. It's nice for traveling as well - I've taken it to the park and to my SIL's and just dump the ashes when I get home. No mess.

Back