2019 McRib Round 2.....McRib Sausage (Yes You Read it Right)

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
So was trying to think of my next McRib journey for this year and then a random idea popped into my head of McRib Sausage :clap2:.

Here's what I've come up with so far by shooting from the hip with little 2nd thought :becky:.........

So do a 50/50 ratio of McRib meat to ground pork. Other ingredients being crappy BBQ Sauce, onions and pickles :twitch:.

Here's all I got. To make this "financially feasible" I had to get the On-Cor "faux McRib" patties to supplement the 5lbs of McRib meat needed for this awesomeness :thumb:. The Kroger "KC Style" BBQ sauce was the closest to the ingredients for McD's recipe on the site I could find. Then white onions and even "Fas Food" style pickles I found :clap:
qxSqwmZl.jpg

I will say I underestimated the On-Cor amount needed. I only got 3 pack initially, but there is so much sauce in there I had to go back and get 2 more packs to make a full 5lbs of McRib meat.
1nDKOtll.jpg

IzAHtaWl.jpg

R2a0y41l.jpg

Weighing everything out. Just look at how amazing this bucket of McRib meat looks........just let it sink in..........:becky: :caked:
ii7YPBAl.jpg

HiILpefl.jpg

And for the ground sausage I was even able to find a bag of over a year old pork trimmings that clearly has some freezer burn to grind for the other 5lbs!!! Only seems appropriate here to "top quality" meat in my freezer.
p59XsF1l.jpg

Might grind it all tonight or possibly tomorrow, but wanted to share. Not sure of the exact bbq sauce, onion, pickle and additional spice ratio yets. But I have made multiple sausages with pickles in them. They were all quite excellent and I'm sure this will be too :mrgreen:

Somebody make this guy a crown out of McRibs.....

I love this guy!

He IS THE MCRIBKING, or maybe M.C. RIB , if he was a rapper.:-D

I'm starting to think you like the McRib or something.....

I do enjoy the creativity..

Thanks
Greg

It sounds like you have your own "anything but" ancillary event going on there. I just hope the results aren't anything but edible. I just had an image of you in a white lab coat, tossing ingredients into a grinder. Your poor wife.

Jason’s other post I replied “what the hell did I just look at?”

So far I will reply, “what the hell did I just read!”

Maybe ease up on the whiskey? Or not.

Here's it all ground up. McRib grinds quite easily and doesn't look too bad run through the grinder :shock:. I'm wondering what the texture will be like when cased and cooked, but TBD there.

I'll add in spices and pickles, onions, sauce later today

Im4LPRwl.jpg

Xjo43Ocl.jpg

q1n1i4Xl.jpg

lc7tEpxl.jpg

VPxlEw3l.jpg

dENc9JJl.jpg

iyPs2K0l.jpg

Back