2018 Texas Fall Bash Planning

For those on the fence. See the last few posts... Just a bunch of good people having a good time. Oh and their should be done decent food too. And beer... Can't forget the beer.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Wow we have 4 signed up already!
Get'r done!!
It will be here before you can say"Boiled Ribs Taste Great" :mrgreen:

Wow we have 4 signed up already!
Get'r done!!
It will be here before you can say"Boiled Ribs Taste Great" :mrgreen:
A few locals responded that they would make it this year. We gave them plenty of time to plan.

Kelley and Bruce may be out of the country.
So we will carry on! :mrgreen:

We may leave Shirley at home and cook on the R&V Deep Fryer this Fall.

We may leave Shirley at home and cook on the R&V Deep Fryer this Fall.
I know I heard a few say they missed all the fried meat/art that we have grown accustomed to.

I know I heard a few say they missed all the fried meat/art that we have grown accustomed to.

As long as we enough cookers there! :mrgreen:
Also may try to rent an RV this year and stay at the park.

Hey Kathy! Long time no see.

Would love to have ya join us at a bash!

I would love to join in, too! I've been wanting to go to a Brethren bash since I started lurking here years ago. This year could be it but I'm really not sure yet. The great help is that your bash is far enough away to give time to get a passport and figure out logistics. I like that I heard camping, I haven't heard about dogs yet. My dog would have to come with, it would be too long a stint to leave him with my mother (for Raffy, not my mom). Before I say too much I should have a passport in hand.

Is the address 3790 Cedar Ridge Park Rd, Temple, TX 76502? (1510 miles, 2430 km from Guelph.)

Thanks, Hotch! As long as my momma's boy Raffy is with me, he's happy on a leash. I corrected the address in Mapquest, the distance is about the same. How does it work for overnight cooks if the camp ground is separate from the bash site?

Thanks, Hotch! As long as my momma's boy Raffy is with me, he's happy on a leash. I corrected the address in Mapquest, the distance is about the same. How does it work for overnight cooks if the camp ground is separate from the bash site?

Paul would be the one to ask. He lives a stone's throw from the Pavilion!
I think Live Oak Ridge has grills at each of the RV/Camp sites. The web site may have more info:

Facilities: Live Oak Ridge
This park offers 48 sites that range from wooded to open sun. All campsites have water and electric hookups, plus a covered table and grill. Campers have access to restrooms with flush toilets and hot showers, a two-lane boat ramp and a dump station.

The park is staffed with full-time gate attendants. Free wireless internet is available for registered guests, and a camper service center can be used for group parties, meetings and laundry facilities.

Would be great to have you come down. Then I can tell you about when I spent a year working in Mississauga/Toronto for the Drive Clean program! :mrgreen:

Would love to hear your Mississauga and Toronto stories - I lived in Toronto the first 42 years of my life.

I have a lot to learn about bashes, would be fantastic to start my studies at that beautiful park, thanks for the link, brother. How exciting! I just wrote 'TEXAS' all over my daytimer from Oct 14 to Nov 4.

Back