2018 St Louis Summer Bash - June 30 Whitecliff Park

With kids, coaching multiple sports, etc., I can’t plan anything. Pick a date. If I can make it, I’ll be there.

*BUMP*
I'm thinking... just pick a date and place, and ask for RSVPs, and see what happens.
You know the dates I'm free, I'll be there, for sure if it's one of those.
This needs to happen.

Last edited:
You can put me down as a maybe. Had plans to make a couple of the other Brethren bashes, but work seems to get in the way. Saturdays would probably work better for me.

There's another fella in the STL area, on the Illinois side. His name is Craig, but I can't recall his moniker. His avatar is a black vertical smoker. He should be aware of this too. I'd like to give him a handshake and a hug.

Based on the survey June 30 and August 25 seem to be the best dates. How about June 30 guys and gals? Then we need to struggle over a location!

Just sent my Son in law the spec's for said Bash. He's an engineer and smart enough to marry my daughter.

Requirements listed:

1. Open cooking and room to tow smokers in.
2. RV/Camp ground. Electric and water.
3. Cold beer (in cozies)

Did I miss anything? This could get big y'all.

He texted me back and said along I-44 but wants more time to research. I'm just going by the other Bashes and it's nice when folks have options on where to stay. Maybe even some of those Chicago folks could make it.

Well this is what Son in law came up with and I of course have no clue about these places. I'll list in case any want to check them.

Garrisons
Bass River Resort
Huzzah Valley
Ozark Outdoors
Blue Springs Ranch

That's what he came up with and I don't know how far away they are from St. Louis proper.

Well this is what Son in law came up with and I of course have no clue about these places. I'll list in case any want to check them.

Garrisons
Bass River Resort
Huzzah Valley
Ozark Outdoors
Blue Springs Ranch

That's what he came up with and I don't know how far away they are from St. Louis proper.

Most of these are "river float" campgrounds. The place you'd camp and use as your "Home Base" when floating.

That being said, I am VERY familiar with Garrisons. I've been going there every year with 15-20 guys for a decade now. This is the ultimate in redneck campgrounds. They have everything from "close camps" (nothing more than a sparse plot of land), to cabins out in the woods. The cabins are what I've been accustom to. It would be great for a bunch of folks to 'crash' for the night (a couple dozen drunken guys that need to sleep on a bed), but not the best for a family to spend the weekend/night, unless they've got an RV (longer story, I can explain if necessary).
I'm all about Garrisons. There's river access in case anybody wants to go for a river swim too. But it's 90 minutes outside of STL on 44, at the Cuba exit.
For me, this would feel like home. I'd all for it. It's almost a "no-holes-barred" place at the cabins. Unlike a State/Federal park where there are restrictions on pretty much everything.

I've got hundreds of photos of the Garrison cabins if it turns out to be a possibility.

I think we are more likely to get people to come for the first bash if they can swing by for a couple hours on a weekend day and go. I’m pretty sure that one of the local state or county parks will work too.

Back