***** 2016 Greater Chicago Area Summer Gathering - Saturday, August 13, 2016!

I ended up just getting double booked on Saturday as this will be the fiancés birthday weekend.

I'm not sure I'll be able to make this, again.

Ugh, the players change, but the song remains the same.:oops:

looks like I will be missing it this year as I need to work 12-14 hours that day
fark!

Well that sucks. Was looking forward to seeing you all.

Hey Ron, is the bash kid friendly? Have a buddy that would probably love it, but has his kids that weekend, pre-teens if I recall.

Also, what's cooking? Need apps? Main dishes? Desserts?

Yes!! Grabnabber and a couple of others have brought kids!

So few people have posted what they are bringing, so I really have no idea! I am planning on spinning sausages and chicken legs on the Rodizio and GTR is bringing some pork tenderloin to spin. It sound slike T&S is doing ribs and Neotrout is doing sausages.

It's pretty much a free for all, so bring whatever you feel like cooking! It's pretty much all snacks, anyway :-D

Here is the map of the park again for reference...

http://fpdcc.com/downloads/maps/pdf/BemisWoods12_12.pdf

Bemis Grove #1 is the first grove from the Wolf Rd entrance and has a maximum capacity of 150 people. There are numbered signs at the preserve that also label each grove.

Here is a Google map...

https://www.google.com/maps/place/B...0x0000000000000000:0x980efbbb94a57873!6m1!1e1

It sounds like T&S will be the first one there. I've attached a copy of the permit to this post. If you remember, print it in case the Forest preserve police some by before I get there.

BTW, the permit was $63, which I paid. I wouldn't turn down donations to help cover the cost :-D

Attachments

• Brethren Picnic Permit.pdf
    515.1 KB · Views: 3
Will there be extra smoker or grill space? Mine aren't portable. I can bring a couple 10lb. rings of sausage. Extras from a B-Day party a few weeks back. If not, I'll think of something smaller to bring.

IMG_20160723_120422.jpg

Yes!! Grabnabber and a couple of others have brought kids!

So few people have posted what they are bringing...

I'll be bringing the wife and kids (7 & 9) plus a football, Frisbee, baseball mitts... and a 22" Weber and some chicken to grill. :hungry:

Put me down for 1, with a possible +4. Will let you know as soon as I hear back. Gonna have any coffee available per chance? :wink:

Put me down for 1, with a possible +4. Will let you know as soon as I hear back. Gonna have any coffee available per chance? :wink:

I may. My roaster crapped out last week and I haven't had a chance to look at it.

Will there be extra smoker or grill space? Mine aren't portable. I can bring a couple 10lb. rings of sausage. Extras from a B-Day party a few weeks back. If not, I'll think of something smaller to bring.

I'm sure we can find space. I'm bringing my Kingsford grill that I bought for the Rodizio. Work case we can put some on there either before or after spinning.

Back