THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just got the :thumb: from the boss...let's hope we can get a spot for Salt Lake City! :becky:

Looking at the map...there are a lot of teams in the Pacific Northwest that would love to have a local and regional here...the Sam's Club in Seattle would be ideal and would draw from Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, and British Columbia.

407501_2982370798731_1245785803_3371171_1465778381_n.jpg

Really surprised with the date selection for Region 5. The Pittsburgh contest is opposite Bel Air, Medford is opposite New Paltz and Pleasantville is opposite New Jersey. Bel Air, New Paltz and New Holland are 3 of the top contests in the Northeast. I have a feeling Laurel is going to be a bear to get into.

Laurel is the week after Tracy's Landing and the same weekend as Shrewsberry, then the regional is the next weekend in Chesapeake.:crazy:

We all know that the rule about entering one local contest is nearly unenforceable. I appreciate the effort and thought but it just isn't going to do much from a bunch of "new" sprouting up.

5. Teams are allowed to register for only one local qualifier. In the spirit of fairness, teams are not allowed to compete in more than one local qualifier. A team’s head cook and team members cannot enter the assigned cooking area of another team at another Sam’s Club contest.If it is determined that a head cook or team member is abusing this rule, both teams will be disqualified.

If you read it the way it is written, head cook or team members can not form a NEW team or be a part of another team for another location.

5. Teams are allowed to register for only one local qualifier. In the spirit of fairness, teams are not allowed to compete in more than one local qualifier. A team’s head cook and team members cannot enter the assigned cooking area of another team at another Sam’s Club contest.If it is determined that a head cook or team member is abusing this rule, both teams will be disqualified.

If you read it the way it is written, head cook or team members can not form a NEW team or be a part of another team for another location.

Thanks, I missed that. :thumb:

Just got the :thumb: from the boss...let's hope we can get a spot for Salt Lake City! :becky:

Looking at the map...there are a lot of teams in the Pacific Northwest that would love to have a local and regional here...the Sam's Club in Seattle would be ideal and would draw from Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, and British Columbia.

For being a 'National' tour, they sure are leaving out quite a few area's!

Still nothing in my neck of the woods...as usual...we may look into Salt Lake City...I'll just have to bring my own libations...if you know what I mean...lol!

and then qualify in new mexico. KCBS just gave the Northwest and Nocal a big FU.... We will be skipping this and any further KCBS contests.

Perhaps because all states involved probably have an event around the same time that is paying out in catagories?

I'll be back, just not sure if Austin or Dallas.

But how many lead to a next event that pays out $20k and then a third round that pays out $150k?

I'm sure people know what they are doing, but after looking at the map a bit, I must say I find it curious that for Region 3 there are two Florida locals close together and two Georgia locals close together, but that all of Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama are left out completely. That region, along with Region 2, seem to get really odd placement of regionals as well. Now I'm not a marketing genius, nor a seasoned BBQ competition organizer, but it just seems to me that regional championships should attempt to be centrally located within the region, not outliers. Oh well, I'll play the game like every one else!

dmp

Or you could interpret it to say that Team A (Bob) cooks at contest #1 and Team B (Sam) cooks at contest #2. Both teams are one-man shows and they have been neighbors / friends for years. If Bob comes over to comp #2 to visit his friend Sam then they both can get a farkin' DQ even if Bob is only visiting??? :confused:

I really think that this needs some serious clarification before things get out of hand. How many of us have never gone into another team's spot to visit? Any one?

None in Hawaii either. I bet a lot of cooks would come over to bottom feed if Honolulu had a local event for the west coast region. :idea:

OK, maybe not.:rolleyes:

Best of luck to all.

Seattle being Costco country may have something (or nothing) to do with it?

Sent using Tapatalk

None in Hawaii either. I bet a lot of cooks would come over to bottom feed if Honolulu had a local event for the west coast region. :idea:

OK, maybe not.:rolleyes:

Best of luck to all.

That's in Pearl City right? Would love to cook in that Sam's parking lot, under cover or up on the second level........:-D:-D

What's sticks in my craw is that it appears that KCBS did not take into consideration established local events. Just in talking with a few of the cooks here in the Rocky Mountain region, the majority will be traveling to North Platte, NE instead of staying home for the Thornton contest. Regardless, my guess is that, due to the NW and Kansas having little or no qualifiers, that the Thornton, CO Sam's qualifier will be mainly comprised of out-of-towners.

It's sad that they couldn't find a way to make things work for both contests. The North Platte contest is the only contest out here in the month of May, they could have easily found another date.

Good luck to those jumping in on the Sam's contests! :thumb:

Back