THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Happy Birthday to Me

Memorial Day is always celebrated at our house. I come from a military family and my birthday is always on Memorial Day weekend. This year, I made myself a present. I cut the bottom out of a tamale pot, drilled some holes, put in a thermometer and made myself a mini-wsm out of my old Smokey Joe.

DSC_0059.jpg

I gave it a go for the Memorial Day cook. I spatchcocked a chicken, soaked it in buttermilk with Texas BBQ Rub Grand Champion. Smoked it at 275-300 for about an hour. Here it is ready to sauce.

DSC_0067.jpg

I put a glaze of Texas Pepper Jelly and BBQ Sauce (1/2 and 1/2) on and let it set for approximately 15min.

Here's the final product and my Memorial Day Throwdown pic.

DSC_0072.jpg

Thanks Chris for the special event Throwdown.

Bacon weave fatty, 2lbs of burger topped with 1 lb of Hot Italain sausage, garlic and seasoning salt topped with a homemade rub. Smoked at 250-275 degrees for 3 hours, splashed with bbq sauce 15 minutes prior to serving.
BaconWeaveFatty.jpg

Aftersmokinthefattie.jpg

The Poblano Relleno's look GREAT! Is it possible to get the recipe? I just happen to have 6 beautiful ones in the fridge calling to me.

Back