2009 First GC's

I got a 19th place chicken call this year....and I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express!

I have more .0002 difference finishes this year than anyone :)
TWO! One for a 3rd and one for a Reserve, I believe lol

I was there for the .0002 RGC... next time leave that crap at home!

He had two with me as a Plowboy, but this was the first for Andy and Kim as their team: Smoke on Wheels.
P Hill and Burlington have to be two of my favorite events... I know we have both talked about it before; but it's just good times. Nothing crazy or out of the ordinary.... just great times, with great friends. doing well was icing on the cake.

You taught him well! :wink:
I can't imagine a time I'm cooking that I am not learning something...:wink:

Hardly!!!! Andy's one of the best cooks on the circuit. He's had more RGC's than anyone I know.
Check's in the mail :rolleyes: I'm not seeing that I one of the best, but check is still in the mail.

Paul from the Pickled Pig could settle this.

Andy has 2-3 RGC's already this year. You forget, he cooks on like 5 different teams a year.

I think last year, Andy's RGC count across all teams was something like six.
Yes, it was 6 RGCs last year, between Smoke on Wheels, HoDeDos and PPP. Sugar Creek, River city round up, Wildcat BBQ, Roots Festival, American Royal, The other one escapes me.... but there were 6...:confused:

Yes, it was 6 RGCs last year, between Smoke on Wheels, HoDeDos and PPP. Sugar Creek, River city round up, Wildcat BBQ, Roots Festival, American Royal, The other one escapes me.... but there were 6...:confused:

Maybe it was buy 5, get one free.

You know you're a bbq pro when you can't remember all your top finishes. Lol!:wink:

Not a paid endorsement but the Class that Rod and Johnny did in Austin has really helped me. I can't wait to see Johnny again to give that old crusty man a big ol wet one:biggrin:

wasn't any big surprises in the class just the little things:lol:

Not a paid endorsement but the Class that Rod and Johnny did in Austin has really helped me. I can't wait to see Johnny again to give that old crusty man a big ol wet one:biggrin:

wasn't any big surprises in the class just the little things:lol:
What no kiss for Rod? :p
Seriously, hows one go about registering for a class?:confused:

Oh and congrats to all the Grand Champs! :-D

if a small non sanctioned counts, buttheadbbq got our first this year. even if it do'snt we did:biggrin:

Well this is not from 2009 but if you go by the calendar year that many cooks do follow then SmokeInDaEye Oct 2008 win at the Battle of the Brethren would be his first at a KCBS event.

Thanks! Even if it doesn't count for 2009, winning my first KCBS GC ever against 40plus teams at a Brethren organized event is irreplaceable! And congrats to all the other first timers. More proof how tough the bbq competition circuit is getting.

Now that's a list I'd like to see us on real soon. :smile:

I love seeing all of the teams getting their first GC this year. Brethren or not, I thought it would be nice to compile a list.

Pickled Pig
Smoke on Wheels
Reservoir Hogs
She Thinks My Slabs are Sexy
Stu's Q
Big T's Q Cru
Them Ohio Boys (Was that their first?)
Hoggy Style

Others?

Holy Smoke BBQ - First year team... essentially.
Smokin Scotsman (right?... this was their first?)

I called Smoke on Wheels and Smokin Scotsman for grands this year. Boondoggle is next!

Holy Smoke BBQ - First year team... essentially.
Smokin Scotsman (right?... this was their first?)

I called Smoke on Wheels and Smokin Scotsman for grands this year. Boondoggle is next!

Agreed! I also think Smokehouse 72 is getting ripe for a big win, and are definitely due!

Back