2009 Chest to Chest quailfied contestants

So the 2009 AR Open Champ is qualified for the 2010 Chest to Chest?
And the 2010 GAB Invite Brisket Winner is qualified for the 2011 Chest to Chest?

I haven't seen the qualifier list for this year, but I think both of those will count towards this year.

Edit: I think you had it right! I need to do work, or BBQ, but not both today! Information overload!

Last edited:
so the 2009 JD Brisket Winner is Invited for 2010 or is 2011 Chest to Chest ?

Brisket Pine Bluff AR
Brisket Decatur AL
Brisket Frisco CO
Brisket Dillon CO
Brisket Marshalltown IA
Brisket Waucoma IA
Brisket Great Bend KS
Champion Great Bend KS
Brisket Dodge City KS
Champion Dodge City KS
Brisket Lenexa KS
Res Champion Great Bend KS
Champion Great Bend KS
Brisket Great Bend KS
Champion Great Bend KS
Res Champion Great Bend KS
Brisket Emporia KS
Brisket KC GAB KS
Brisket KC GAB KS
Brisket Paola KS
Brisket Raytown MO
Brisket Blue Springs MO
Brisket Laurie MO
Brisket Warrensburg MO
Brisket KC Royal Open MO
Champion KC Royal Open MO
Brisket KC Royal Inv MO
Champion KC Royal Inv MO
Brisket KCMO
Brisket Reserve Champion KCMO
Champion KCMO Res Champion KCMO
Brisket LaPlatte NE
Brisket Bellevue NE
Brisket Ponca OK
Brisket Tulsa OK
Brisket Jenks OK
Brisket New Holland PA
Brisket Lebanon TN
Brisket Lynchburg TN
Champion Lynchburg TN
Brisket Lawerenceburg TN
Brisket Terligua TX
Brisket Houston TX
Brisket Humble TX
Brisket Meridan TX
Bisket Terrell TX
Brisket Grand Prairie TX
Grand Champion Grand Prairie TX
Grand Champion Great Bend KS 1st Annual Chest to Chest
Grand Champion Great Bend KS 2nd Annual Chest to Chest
Grand Champion Great Bend KS 3rd Annual Chest to Chest

I'd sure like to get the PNWBA hooked up with this invite - hint-hint!!

I know Ranchers Reserve is sponsoring a Brisket Challenge at the Oregon State Fair Competition in August, that could be a qualifier (if ya know what I mean)

Call Kent. I'm sure something can be worked out.

I think I got confused this morning. It's in Great Bend KS right? What's the date? I can't find it on KCBS site - at least July. Did it get moved to Sept?

It moved to the first weekend in September this year. C2C is invitational and won't show up.

Edit: yes it's in Great Bend.

We took brisket at Marshalltown, so I guess we get an invite. I guess I should figure out the dates to see what we have going on.

It moved to the first weekend in September this year. C2C is invitational and won't show up.

Edit: yes it's in Great Bend.

I believe there are back to back KCBS events in addition to the C2C this year...should be fun.

I saw his list of qualifiers and it is lacking I think. He does not have Pleasant Hill's brisket winner on there, even though he told me in January it would qualify from last year for the 2010 event and this year for the 2011 event. If you contact him, he will look at the event and possibly add an invite. I'd guess any contest should qualify... last year, he had around 50 qualifiers but only 17 showed up.

Bottom line for Kent seems to be wanting a LOT of teams at his event. I don't know how he picks qualifiers, but seems pretty liberal and fluid. A call to ask can't hurt. We made a case last year for winning brisket at Laurie, MO in 2008 out of 81 teams. He had another MO contest cancel and put our Laurie, MO brisket in its place. The more teams involved, the more impressive the win. World Brisket Open had 120 briskets this year. Anywhere in the top 20 is a pretty good run.

Back