THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Although this is only our 4th Royal, I have always considered it an opportunity to compete against some of the very best teams from coast to coast and border to border. It is a contest that I look forward to seeing friends like Scottie and many others, that I may only get to see once a year. We've always had a great time, had no major issues, and really enjoyed the long weekend.
Scottie, I know you're really sore about last year, but personally I think the Royal staff does a great job running a 500 team contest.

I'm really looking forward to it as well and am expecting a great experience. Like you mention Greg, any contest that hosts 500+ teams with relatively few problems must be doing something right. Can't wait to see/meet everyone :smile:

Hey Scottie make sure you mark your calendar !
Special day for you <--click that :twisted:

I'll be a whiner. I sure could of taken pot shots at them when it all happened. But I didn't... I thought I was pretty much a stand up guy on the whole thing. Until they starting attacking me and pointing the finger at me... It just so happens that it's that time of the year for the Royal and it offers me an opportunity to say how it really works. Sorta doesn't work if you whine in March now does it?

Most importantly... i've never once tried to sway anyone from going to the Royal. FWIW I enjoy the contest. It's an awesome event to be able to compete against 100 other Grand Champions. But I guarantee, you would be pissed off too, if you earned an invitation into the Invitational and didn't get one. Whether or not I was going to use it....

So I prefer cheese (a nice Maytag) and cracker with my whine... I think I am allowed.

Scottie--you might as well come on down to Columbia MO and cook the Roots and Blues that weekend....we'd be there if we hadn't have quailfied for the invitational.

Scottie, I'm with you on that. Granted, maybe I don't know the whole story but from what I do know, you have a right to be a little bitter about all of it, especially to not receive an invitation from winning a qualifying event. That's just wrong.

Friday, Oct 3
03.gif

High: 74 °F RealFeel®: 70 °F
Partly sunny

Friday Night, Oct 3
36.gif

Low: 55 °F RealFeel®: 52 °F
Partly cloudy

Saturday, Oct 4
04.gif

High: 79 °F RealFeel®: 75 °F
Periods of clouds and sunshine