$20 CL Weber Score...

caseydog

somebody shut me the fark up.
I found an 18.5 inch Weber OTS on CL for $20, that also included a cheap cover, a Weber chimney starter and some BBQ tools. And, it was close to home. I couldn't resist -- I've been wanting an 18-incher for a while, and the price was great.

The grill is in great shape, except for the bent up ash catcher. The cover was generic and made for 22-incher -- no big deal. The tools probably won't get used by me, either. But, I would have paid 20 bucks just for the grill and chimney, and considered it a bargain.

CD

Attachments

• CL-Score.JPG
    CL-Score.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 183
Wish I could find some good deals around here like that. Casey, you are one lucky dog! Excellent Score!

Nice find! I see deals similar to that on the KC area CL all the time, they are just normally to far of a drive to make them real scores for me. :(

Very nice. I have a little 18 that I like to use for small cooks. I even like it more as an auxiliary cooker when cooking on a 22.5 or the UDS. For instance, the 18 is great to have running at a hotter temp to do a quick crisp of chicken skin or bacon on a fatty.

Nice find! I see deals similar to that on the KC area CL all the time, they are just normally to far of a drive to make them real scores for me. :(
Ditto for me too! Guess I'll have to move back to the big city to get a good deal. Second thought, I don't think so. :becky:

Nice score! I gotta wonder though - from pic, everything seems like it was used once or twice. Except the ash catcher. How does that one piece get so abused? Or was it just a case of "aw...the ash catcher's dented - gotta sell it now!"

Nice score! I gotta wonder though - from pic, everything seems like it was used once or twice. Except the ash catcher. How does that one piece get so abused? Or was it just a case of "aw...the ash catcher's dented - gotta sell it now!"

My guess is that the kid (well, young man) just didn't know how to remove it properly -- by turning two of the clips around and lowering the tray. That, or he was drunk when he went to empty it. The rest of the grill is in great shape.

The kid was laid off, and is moving in with his father from his current apartment. The same grill was listed about four times in a three day range, starting at 60 bucks, and ending at 20 bucks by the time I found it.

CD

Great Score! I just missed an 18 for $10 here in Indiana. It was gone the same day it was listed.

I can't wait to see pics of that one of yours strapped to the hatch of your TD on the T&TT Fourm!! :shock:

Back