THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BP187

Knows what a fatty is.
I would like to give a big thank you to this forums page and all the members who provide feedback on questions posted for us rookies to learn. I got my 1st stickburner 9 months ago and I have been here reading and learning ever since. So my friends and I entered a small bbq comp with 25 teams and my brisket took 1st!!!!!! I was so nervous even to enter knowing that we had many competition teams with lots of experience and beautiful huge competition rigs. Its the knowledge I gained here that I know helped me provide a quality turn in box. So a Big Thank You Again!!!

Good for you! A first in your first comp is an AMAZING start!

I'm guessing your hooked now. That's how it was for us - finished in the money in our first comp (6th for Pork Butt) and we are definitely hooked!

Very well done. My first comp (backyard) with my daughter and we took first in chicken, so I know your excitement. Before the call, I was asking myself "do I really want to do this again?" After the call, I felt like it was all worth it and couldn't wait for the next one.

Congratulations! What I like about brisket calls...it's the last one called. :thumb:

Yup, we judges get notified of first time teams so we get them calls and hook 'em forever. :bow:

Congrats on a great first time out.

LOL....yep, that is how it's done!! Congratulations on your GREAT success!!! :thumb: :clap2:

Back