16 mesh pepper

I think a lot of the interest in 16 mesh comes from Aaron Franklin. He suggests using Morton Kosher Salt (must be this brand due to the size of the crystals) and 16 mesh pepper. He says each weigh approximately the same by volume. So.... for brisket he suggests 50-50 each by volume. Never weighed each but the 50 -50 mix works for me. I will mix a 1/4 cup of each when doing a good sized brisket.

I think a lot of the interest in 16 mesh comes from Aaron Franklin. He suggests using Morton Kosher Salt (must be this brand due to the size of the crystals) and 16 mesh pepper. He says each weigh approximately the same by volume. So.... for brisket he suggests 50-50 each by volume. Never weighed each but the 50 -50 mix works for me. I will mix a 1/4 cup of each when doing a good sized brisket.

Yup! Each kosher salt is different in weight. Costco coarse and Diamond Chrystal salt are my go to's for brisket or beef in general. Diamond Chrystal because it's just salt without the anti caking agent in there. Also my go to salt for curing.

large_2ea690ce-6139-4690-bb76-6307062a59e7.JPG

Back