16" external vac sealer

blackdogbbq21

Take a breath!
Name or Nickame
Paul
I have a chamber sealer that works great for almost everything i need to seal. Occasionally i have a need to seal something too big for the chamber sealer. I'm looking to pickup an external sealer with a 16" seal bar to handle the larger items.

Anyone have one that you recommend? I've been looking at the vacmaster pro but the reviews online are concerning.

Just be sure of what you buy; the length of the sealer bar and the length of the intake port are not the same.

I have a Weston Pro with a 16" seal bar, but it only accepts 15" wide bags in the intake. This isn't a problem because I've used 18" bags and pre-seal the corners on an angle so it can seal using the 15" intake just fine.

I've had the VacMaster Pro 360 for about three years now and love it. The only issue I've had is that over the last 6 months the tape over the seal bar got a little crinkled and that did have an effect on the performance. But, I called customer service and they sent me a roll of the tape that goes over the seal bar for free. After changing that out the unit works like new again. Keep in mind this is an easy issue to fix and it took three years to become an issue.

I've had the VacMaster Pro 360 for about three years now and love it. The only issue I've had is that over the last 6 months the tape over the seal bar got a little crinkled and that did have an effect on the performance. But, I called customer service and they sent me a roll of the tape that goes over the seal bar for free. After changing that out the unit works like new again. Keep in mind this is an easy issue to fix and it took three years to become an issue.

Thanks, that sounds like a normal maintenance item and not a big deal.

I have this one (along with their chamber sealers) that I've been pretty happy with. It's nice being able to vacuum seal whole briskets and other large hunks of meat. They do 20% off sales every so often, if you can wait a bit you can likely snag it for a better price soon.

https://www.meatyourmaker.com/prese...6-external-vacuum-sealer/1159180.html#start=1

Thanks I've been looking at that one as well. For whole briskets are you using their pre cut bags? I notice they don't sell a roll wider than 12.5". I know you don't have to use their rolls it just seemed odd to not sell rolls as wide as one of your sealers.

Their Customer Service is outstanding.

I have this one (along with their chamber sealers) that I've been pretty happy with. It's nice being able to vacuum seal whole briskets and other large hunks of meat. They do 20% off sales every so often, if you can wait a bit you can likely snag it for a better price soon.

https://www.meatyourmaker.com/prese...6-external-vacuum-sealer/1159180.html#start=1

Are you still liking the chamber sealer? Which machine do you use most? My old Food Saver, while several years old with very little use, is becoming quite finicky about sealing properly.

Thanks,

Robert

Yep, I still like it a lot. The vacuum seal I get from it is superior to any external type vacuum sealer I have owned or currently own, but you are limited for certain things like ribs that dont fit in chamber. It's heavy, guessing 50lbs or so, and I keep it on a cart in the laundry room off our kitchen and wheel it out when I need to use it. I've sealed hundreds of pounds of meat with it. I'd say I use the chamber vac most often, but the 16" does get a fair amount of use if I need to seal something large, or a very small job like a couple steaks to SV, sometimes I'll just pull out the external instead of rollout the cart.

Yep, I still like it a lot. The vacuum seal I get from it is superior to any external type vacuum sealer I have owned or currently own, but you are limited for certain things like ribs that dont fit in chamber. It's heavy, guessing 50lbs or so, and I keep it on a cart in the laundry room off our kitchen and wheel it out when I need to use it. I've sealed hundreds of pounds of meat with it. I'd say I use the chamber vac most often, but the 16" does get a fair amount of use if I need to seal something large, or a very small job like a couple steaks to SV, sometimes I'll just pull out the external instead of rollout the cart.

Thanks for the reply. How many eamils do they send you if you sign up for their sale notifications? If they are like other products, they inundate you with mostly meaningless emails that just clutter my inbox.

Thanks,

Robert

Thanks for the reply. How many eamils do they send you if you sign up for their sale notifications? If they are like other products, they inundate you with mostly meaningless emails that just clutter my inbox.

Thanks,

Robert

So freaking many. And then they ask you to review it. Over and over and over. Your best bet is to bribe Suds to keep you in the know, and unsubscribe to them all :biggrin1:

You can't go wrong with Vacmaster. My Pro 350 is a tank. Great customer service. But buy your bags/rolls from Amazon. Save some $$$ for meat.

Back