THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If I had taken that roast a little hotter and let it sit longer, that connective tissue would have dissolved better into jelly. The last one I did, that stuff was just about completely dissolved.

BTW, did mainly pecan with a little oak and just 1 chimney of kingsford.

If I could find these roasts more often and at that price(99¢), I would probably pick that over brisket. Easier to cook, great flavor and gets done faster.

Shoooot!! I thought mine was a really big one !

........ I'll slink off and get mine slow cooked .... and NO PICS!
(here in Utah mine is still a fairly big one).

One of our local walmarts is now carrying 15+ pounders now so I'm starting to keep a couple on hand (got a 15.3 and 16.4 today) at all times now :-D There going for 1.28 a pound

Good stuff maynard. Never would have thought I could cook that hot and this thing is very juicy. Not the best tenderness, but I probably should have let it sit just a while longer. Very good beefy taste, I can see why Fab B is popular.

I scraped off the fat layer so these pics look a little mutilated.

This brisket as stated weighed 16.5 lbs, went on at 12:30PM and came off at 10PM and sliced a little after midnight.

Attachments

• DSCF0343.JPG
    DSCF0343.JPG
    117.7 KB · Views: 44
  • DSCF0344.JPG
    DSCF0344.JPG
    117.4 KB · Views: 44
Good lookin' beef Bro!! I'm hungry now <going on a leftovers hunt>!

Back