110 lb whole hog for a Saturday party.

What is the length of the cooking area in your reverse flow? Pics are kind of deceiving and i guess the pig looks a lot smaller then i imagined a 110lb hog would look like.

What is the length of the cooking area in your reverse flow? Pics are kind of deceiving and i guess the pig looks a lot smaller then i imagined a 110lb hog would look like.

It's a standard 250gal propane tank. This hog was short and stout. Definitely looks deceiving in the pic. Client sourced the hog from a good friend of his, and it was definitely a 107 lb hog.

Nice job on that.

Earlier this year a buddy was on a hog hunt in Texas and I think brought 4 home in the 75# range. The basic processing yielded 6 pieces (foreshoulders, rear legs, belly and the loin. Other than the visual appeal of a whole hog like you cooked, how much easier is to cook the primals separately?

Nice job on that.

Earlier this year a buddy was on a hog hunt in Texas and I think brought 4 home in the 75# range. The basic processing yielded 6 pieces (foreshoulders, rear legs, belly and the loin. Other than the visual appeal of a whole hog like you cooked, how much easier is to cook the primals separately?

Actually I think whole is easier. It's all the cuts as one piece and all cooked together at one time. If separated, I'd be cooking each piece differently and at different times.

Can I be rude and ask how much a pig that size costs over there?

I'm thinking about doing the same size for a tailgate this year. Curious, how many people you think that will feed? I'm thinking a 110lb should feed 50 hungry people?

I'm thinking about doing the same size for a tailgate this year. Curious, how many people you think that will feed? I'm thinking a 110lb should feed 50 hungry people?

This party had around 100. There were all kinds of salads and sides. 90% of the pork was gone in about 30min.

Back