THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This looked so good I decided to risk it and go in blind for xmas dinner. I have and 8.5 pounder that's been brining for about 5 days now. I just have three questions about the ham for any and all please. Also I am taking pictures as I go so that I can try to thank you for your responses.

1. For a piece of pork this size how long should I expect for it to take?
2. Would it be best to add the seasoned sugar at the beginning or middle of the cook? Would a spicy apple juice spray accomplish the same thing?
3. Using my UDS I have a concern about the difference in temperature between the bottom and top of the ham if I decide to hang it. Will a simple turn half way through solve this?

Thank you and happy holidays.

Thanks very much DaddyDoofus! SO happy it worked out for you. I checked out your blog too on the process. Spot on. If it was a bit too salty you probably left it a day or two too long. You can always soak it in water to get out some of the salt then leave it to equalize!

Cheers Brother!

Back