• Appleton Glazed Salmon *pr0n heavy*

As always, Phrasty, you're cooking looks absolutely bangin'! But I need to ask what's probably a dumb question. When you trimmed the salmon, why did you cut it the way that you did? Is there some reason for taking off the small piece at the one end, and then the long strip? :confused:

Last edited:
Very, very nice! Is that a Kiwi knife I spy in the first shot?

John

Thanks John, Yessir! That is infact a Kiwi Knife! I bought a couple the other day. I remembered seeing your post on them too. That's kinda what stood out in my head when I got them! :thumb: Thanks Brother!

That's some good looking salmon and I hate salmon. :shocked: But I love me some Appleton Rum. :-D I brought some home last time I was in Jamaica. Good stuff. I imagine I can get it in the states now though. Thanks for the showing us how it's done!

Thanks man! Yeah I'm sure you can definitely get Appleton easily in the States now. The best rum IMO!! :thumb:

As always, Phrasty, you're cooking looks absolutely bangin'! But I need to ask a what's probably a dumb question. When you trimmed the salmon, why did you cut it the way that you did? Is there some reason for taking off the small piece at the one end, and then the long strip? :confused:

Thanks Tish, by no means a dumb question! It's all personal preference really. I do it for presentation, kinda like how you would so St. Lois style ribs. Plus you get these smaller pieces as chef snacks!!! :thumb::thumb::becky::heh: In addition they are thin so I find they tend to cook faster too.

Cheers.

Got home from work dead tired. Too tired to make any decent meal... but that salmon was calling my name. I sliced it up and had a simple bagel with mayo.

Here it is cut into portions... Yes it's actually cut! Loving these lil Kiwi knives!
03f2da41.jpg

This thing was still so tender!
1bc96fe6.jpg

and my humble dinner! :thumb:
e1388de1.jpg

Thanks a lot for looking guys... This was gooood! :becky::thumb:
Cheers

Back