Lamb Virgins No More!

Redhot

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
We already posted the pix of lamb chops Guerry brought home last weekend. We used two of SmokinAussies suggestions for first time lamb cooks.
lambchop-1.jpg

We made homemade celery salt for one pack along with cracked black pepper.

celerysalt.jpg

celerysaltandpepperrubbed.jpg

Then EVOO, fresh rosemary/thyme, minced garlic, Mexican oregano and cracked black pepper.

freshrosemarythymecrackedpepperandmincedgarlic.jpg

closeup1.jpg

Tonight we placed them all on a cooling rack to go directly on the grill for hot and fast so they'd all go on at the same time.

readyforlove.jpg

Then onto the grill at 3 minutes a side per Chris' advice.

hotnfast.jpg

Rosemary garlic chops...

garlic.jpg

Celery salt chops...

celerysal.jpg

They came out rare to medium rare...and here it is, our first bite of lamb ever, here we go...

mediumrare.jpg

Guerry was still taking pix, I couldn't wait so cut that first piece in half and suddenly OMG...I said put that camera down, you gotta try this!!!

OMG.jpg

These did NOT last long - wow, I am a beliver now. I don't see why anyone would not like lamb!

goingfast.jpg

Of the two we liked the simple celery salt/black pepper one best. There's just no need to cover up that wonderful lamb flavor! Thanks for looking...and to all those lamb vigins out there - you GOTTA try it, trust me!:thumb:

I'd like to thank Bill (SmokinAussie) for the recipes and Chris (Bigabyte) for the cooking times and Phubar for telling Michele to force me to buy some lamb. I can't believe how good these were.:thumb::thumb:

:clap2:Bravo! Looks great!:cool: I agree...a great lamb chop is probably some of the best eats, and doesn't need any more than just salt and pepper really.:thumb:

Excellent job on those lamb chops. Nicely done.

I think most folks do not like lamb for one of two reasons, one is, they can't get past it being a cute widdle lamb and the other being most lambs here are prepared poorly and are often on the old side.

And this thread COULD NOT BE COMPLETE WITHOUT...

YES, YOU GUESSED IT!

Ta Daaaaaaah

ALFTickofApproval.gif

Michelle and Guerry! That lamb does look awesome.

Well seasoned and perfectly cooked... you guys did an awesome job!

Outstanding.jpg

Cheers!

Bill

Excellent job on those lamb chops. Nicely done.

I think most folks do not like lamb for one of two reasons, one is, they can't get past it being a cute widdle lamb and the other being most lambs here are prepared poorly and are often on the old side.

I agree with you 100%. I have a friend that will not eat lamb no matter how it is prepared/cooked. She loves everything else I make but just will not try lamb.

Redhot, your lamb looks great and I'll bet you'll want some more soon.

I will have to agree lamb has to be cooked correctly. And these were done just that way. To me lamb has to go on a rack or a grill so it doesn't sit in it's own fat drippings. Also cook to the right internal temp.

And this thread COULD NOT BE COMPLETE WITHOUT...

YES, YOU GUESSED IT!

Ta Daaaaaaah

ALFTickofApproval.gif

Michelle and Guerry! That lamb does look awesome.

Well seasoned and perfectly cooked... you guys did an awesome job!

Outstanding.jpg

Cheers!

Bill

Yes! SuhWeet!:whoo:

lamb rocks!

sad thing is my wife grew up on a farm and raised lamb/sheep so she sees little babies and i cant eat them because of that :(

Looks fantastic - I loves me some lamb, and I don't eat it often enough. Got a rack of lamb in the freezer - but not for long. I'm with you on simple being the way to go with lamb - thanks for posting!

Great looking Lamb, guys! The Costcos out here carry large packages of large lamb loin chops like yours that are excellent and a great value. Might have them in your neck of the woods...

Your lamb looks awesome! The best trip my wife and I ever took was to New Zealand and Australia. The lamb in New Zealand was over the top pretty much everywhere, and cheap! I think the flavor of lamb is so unique and delicious that I may have to go find some right now.

Thanks for the mouth watering post!

Back