THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bproffer

Take a breath!
Had some friends over for new years eve. Had a blast! Good food and good company, what more could you ask for.

Cooked some Tri-Tip and shrimp. It was pretty good.

Cool fire pic!
DSC02528.jpg

Shrimp
DSC02530.jpg

DSC02531.jpg

DSC02536.jpg

Trip Tip. I did a reverse sear on it. Cooked indirect @ 350° until medium/rare then seared at very high temps for 1 min a side. Finished product was medium on the bigger ones and medium-well on the smaller ones. The egg was so hot, I had flames shooting 2 feet out of the top vent when I put the meat back on, it was a bit scary. I shut the vents down to kill the flames, but I caused a backdraft when I opened the dome and burnt the hair on my arms. Good times.

DSC02532.jpg

DSC02533.jpg

DSC02534.jpg

OK - got to give you a "drool bib" award on that one. Those shrimp look killer. And the Tri Tips, bueno! Mouthwatering
Next time, can you send along an invitation so we know where and when to shop up for dinner?????

Thanks for all the kind words!

Dang that looks tasty. How'd you prep the shrimp? Looks like bits of...cilantro on it?

1 c. olive oil
1/4 c. chopped cilantro
1 lemon, juiced
2 T. Hot Sauce ( I used Sriracha)
1/2 t. cayenne pepper
6 cloves garlic, minced
2 t. dried oregano
1/2 t. salt
1 t. ground black pepper

Mix all ingrediants in a sealable plastic bag. Add 2 lbs shrimp (i used peeled and deveined). Marinate 1-3 hours in the fridge. If I am marinating more than an hour, I wont add the lemon juice until 30 minutes to an hour before I cook the shrimp. I dont want the acid cooking the shrimp.

Back