The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners(temp offline)
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 09-29-2010, 10:32 AM   #1
KnucklHed BBQ
Babbling Farker

Default (Almost) Live American Royal Updates!!

I hadn't seen anyone else start a thread along these lines yet, my appologies if I missed it!

It's my first time going to the AR and needless to say I'm all jacked up about it!

I was thinking that with the proliferation of iPhones and Droids we have these days and the ease of uploading pics & video directly from them, it might be kinda cool to have a thread for anyone that wants to post from the Royal available, that way folks that haven't been before can check it out from the ground and folks that can't make it can still have a peek at the fun!

Feel free to post with links to pics or video here!
Hybrid Pellet Pooper [I][B]"The Meat Vault"[/B][/I] - [B][COLOR=red]3[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR=red][B][I]RED [/I][/B][/COLOR]Weber Kettles O, H (with Cajun Bandit Mod) & [COLOR=black]pre '79[/COLOR] - [COLOR=black][B][I]Black[/I][/B][/COLOR] OT Platinum (DH) - [B]SS AusPit[/B] - [B]Rib-O-Lator[/B] - SJ UDS (DI) - [B][I]CRAZY FAST[/I][/B] [COLOR=yellow][B][SIZE=3]Yeller[/SIZE] [COLOR=black]Thermapen[/COLOR][/B][/COLOR]

[B][I]We shall throw our bacon wrapped all beef justice upon the wooden skewers of truth to be held on high and let them know that we will not stand for this. ~Butz[/I][/B]
[B][/B]
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
KnucklHed BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-01-2010, 11:03 AM   #2
KnucklHed BBQ
Babbling Farker

Quick video of a brisket we tossed into the fire yesterday... and my ugly mug.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYq9-JhCWZ8
Hybrid Pellet Pooper [I][B]"The Meat Vault"[/B][/I] - [B][COLOR=red]3[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR=red][B][I]RED [/I][/B][/COLOR]Weber Kettles O, H (with Cajun Bandit Mod) & [COLOR=black]pre '79[/COLOR] - [COLOR=black][B][I]Black[/I][/B][/COLOR] OT Platinum (DH) - [B]SS AusPit[/B] - [B]Rib-O-Lator[/B] - SJ UDS (DI) - [B][I]CRAZY FAST[/I][/B] [COLOR=yellow][B][SIZE=3]Yeller[/SIZE] [COLOR=black]Thermapen[/COLOR][/B][/COLOR]

[B][I]We shall throw our bacon wrapped all beef justice upon the wooden skewers of truth to be held on high and let them know that we will not stand for this. ~Butz[/I][/B]
[B][/B]
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
KnucklHed BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-01-2010, 11:12 AM   #3
Gore
Phizzy

Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts

Ok, I just gave away my lunch so I can have that slice of brisket you promised me.
(='.'=) This is the rabbit baby. Invests him in yours signature,
(")_(") and the help rabbit baby takes over control of the world!
Hmmmm, I wonder, WWGALD? Avatar courtesy of Grillman and NorthwestBBQ

Promoted by Bigabyte to "Idiot #1" , and dubbed "Phizzy" by Sir Ron.
Gore is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-01-2010, 12:04 PM   #4
Garyclaw
Babbling Farker

That briskey looks DANG good.

Big BarBChef built in to the Outdoor Kitchen, Weber kettle, 1 UDS, Little Chief Electric, 2 Propane Fish Cookers/Turkey Fryers,
a swinging grate over my Fire pit, Big Pig Cooker, SJS, Big Easy Oil Less. Blackstone Pizza Oven

"Nice talkin' to ya"
Garyclaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-01-2010, 12:36 PM   #5
1FUNVET
Babbling Farker

Wanna try some Taco Bell for it ?
1FUNVET is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-01-2010, 01:31 PM   #6
pat
is Blowin Smoke!

Cool rotisserie. Brisket looks damn good

Have you tried Simply Marvelous Rubs yet??

Backwoods Party
Ole Hickory CTO
Large Big Green Egg
WSM X 2
Weber Performer
pat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-01-2010, 01:36 PM   #7
Bill Ames
Found some matches.

FAB guys are hanging out with The Smokin Scotsmen at site 868 if anybody would like to stop and chat...

I must say, this is my first trip to the AR, and it's impressive! We've met some really cool people, and finally put faces with some names we've known for years. Now if I can just track down Ray Lampe and Steve Farrin...

Old 10-01-2010, 02:04 PM   #8
Jeff Selle
Full Fledged Farker

Hey knucklehead what is your spot number? and do you know which spot Smokin Hot Grillfriends ended up with? I am watching the live stream on wiredbbq.com ... the guy that's doing it (Joe), doesn't seem to know much about BBQ... he went into Tuffy's camp from Cool Smoke and he didn't even know who he was talking too...
*1993 & 1998 Weber Performers
*Grill Dome Kamado smoker 18-inch
*El Cheapo offset smoker (CharBroil)
*4X8-foot trailered Santa Maria Grill
*Coveting a Weber Ranch Kettle
*Yellow splash-proof Thermapen
*Member of PNWBA/KCBS/West Slope BBQ Association
Jeff Selle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-01-2010, 02:34 PM   #9
Ron_L

The Grillfriends are in 815. We walked by there earlier.

The Naked Fatty!

Southern Q Limo Elite Gravity Fed/FEC-100/Memphis Pro SS/PBC/LBGE X 2/SBGE/Mini BGE/Nomad Pellet-matic/Good-One Model 42/WSM X 2/Cookshack Smokette 008/Weber Performer/Saber Cast 500/Weber Kettle X 2/Weber Smokey Joe/WGA/UDS/Coffee Roasting Gasser
Ron_L is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 10-01-2010, 02:47 PM   #10
Jeff Selle
Full Fledged Farker

Thanks Ron...
*1993 & 1998 Weber Performers
*Grill Dome Kamado smoker 18-inch
*El Cheapo offset smoker (CharBroil)
*4X8-foot trailered Santa Maria Grill
*Coveting a Weber Ranch Kettle
*Yellow splash-proof Thermapen
*Member of PNWBA/KCBS/West Slope BBQ Association
Jeff Selle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-01-2010, 02:48 PM   #11
Captain P.J.
Full Fledged Farker

So far the live stream is pretty neat. As far as who he is talking to and what the guys are willing to show and tell. My only complaint is the stationary web cam... at least move it a little every now and then if you aren't doing live stuff.

Old 10-01-2010, 02:49 PM   #12
BobBrisket

The is a cam set up across the street kinda caddy corner to where the three main flagpoles are at and they pan the area during the time they are not interviewing. I'm watching it live right now and it would be cool to see some of your ugly mugs. Maybe some of you could go up the cam if you have a chance and smile for us or maybe even moon us.........errrr, well maybe not.
Living the dream through wiredbbq.com and through all you that are there!! I'll be keeping an eye out for you guys.

Great looking brisket by the way!

Bob
UDS, PBC-Courtesy of Poobah, WSM, 22.5 Weber Kettles-A, K, DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver B, Lil' Chief Smoker, Lodge Sportman Grill, Backyard Fire Pit, Dutch Ovens, Discada Set Up!
BobBrisket Jr.-MUDS, WSJ Silver
My BEST Compliment......"You're a good cooker, Dad!"--My Son :)
Miss You, Marty and Bull! RIP
BobBrisket is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-01-2010, 02:51 PM   #13
BobBrisket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain P.J. View Post
So far the live stream is pretty neat. As far as who he is talking to and what the guys are willing to show and tell. My only complaint is the stationary web cam... at least move it a little every now and then if you aren't doing live stuff.
THey must have listened to you cause the have been panning the camera more often.

WHo was that ugly farker with the Becks beer that said Hi Mom and while ago!!
UDS, PBC-Courtesy of Poobah, WSM, 22.5 Weber Kettles-A, K, DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver B, Lil' Chief Smoker, Lodge Sportman Grill, Backyard Fire Pit, Dutch Ovens, Discada Set Up!

Thanks from:--->
Old 10-01-2010, 02:57 PM   #14
Captain P.J.
Full Fledged Farker

Between this and the live feed I can see that I am going to get squat done today... Well, I will at least get some chicken on the grill and several adult beverages made but that might be the extent of it...

Old 10-01-2010, 02:59 PM   #15
BobBrisket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain P.J. View Post
Between this and the live feed I can see that I am going to get squat done today... Well, I will at least get some chicken on the grill and several adult beverages made but that might be the extent of it...
I'm already NOT getting squat done. Have the volume muted as I'm at work...........oops, did I just say that.

Pretty cool live feed!

Beverages later on!