Joining the Kettle Nation Soon!

What are you gonna do with that funny looking thing? Where does the gas connect?

Dude, awesome Deguerre, that has been my cooker of choice for the past three years (until I happened into a free Bandera 2 weeks ago). A few pieces of advice:
1) Buy the webber charcoal baskets, they hold the charcoal to each side so you can put a drip pan in the middle full of beer or water;
2) Invest in one of the grill grates that is hinged on both sides so you can add charcoal without lifting your entire grill grate and risk dropping food..this is important for long burns like brisket and turkey;
3) Get a grill thermometer and just drop the probe end right into one of the top vent holes..turn the vent and it will squeeze it and hold it into place;
4) Buy the BBQ Bible and/or BBQ USA by Steven Raichlen, most of his recipes are geared toward cooking on the kettle.

Get after it!

Oh yea...and I forgot to mention that this was my wedding gift back in 2007 from my best man! :clap2:

If I could only keep one grill it would be my kettle. You've made a great choice!

I'll have to agree you can do it all with a kettle. I smoke and grill on mine then I bought the rotisserie and things only got better. If your looking for something different try grilling a rack of ribs (no dry rub / no smoke)instead of smoking for a completely different taste. Grill direct for a few minutes a side then indirect with the cover on. Total time about 45 to 50 minutes for tender and juicy ribs. Sauce is up to you

Are you paceing around and looking out the window waiting for the new arrival?

Welcome to the nation, you are going to enjoy your machine! You may want to visit amazon again for:

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Weber 7401 Tool Holder[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
by Weber
Average customer review:
stars-3-5._V46909593_.gif
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]List Price: $8.59
Price: $8.49
You Save: $0.10 (1%)

[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
spacer._V42753720_.gif
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Rate this item:
[/FONT]
spacer._V42753720_.gif
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I own it[/FONT]
spacer._V42753720_.gif

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Keep tools handy with this nickel-plated holder. Fits 18-1/2- and 22-1/2-inch kettles.... Read more
[/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Weber 6406 Rib Rack[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
by Weber
Average customer review:
stars-4-0._V46891785_.gif
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]List Price: $15.99
Price: $12.99
You Save: $3.00 (19%)

[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
spacer._V42753720_.gif
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Rate this item:
[/FONT]
spacer._V42753720_.gif
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I own it[/FONT]
spacer._V42753720_.gif

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Maximize grill space by standing up slabs of ribs and chicken. Dishwasher safe, nickel-plated steel. Use on 18-1/2-inch kettles or larger and all Weber gas grills.... Read more[/FONT]
:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2: The rib rack works really well!

Congrats. If you need charcoal baskets I have two brand new sets available. I bought them off the Bay last month and they are the old style wire formed ones. Not the new sheet metal variety. PM me if interested. My original set is 12 years old and still working perfectly.

Cool! And according to Fed ex it is on the truck for delivery! You should be cooking on it tonight! :-D

Weber makes grills? Let us know how it works...

That there is the best dang cooking unit ever devised by man.:nod:

Dude, awesome Deguerre, that has been my cooker of choice for the past three years (until I happened into a free Bandera 2 weeks ago). A few pieces of advice:
1) Buy the webber charcoal baskets, they hold the charcoal to each side so you can put a drip pan in the middle full of beer or water;
2) Invest in one of the grill grates that is hinged on both sides so you can add charcoal without lifting your entire grill grate and risk dropping food..this is important for long burns like brisket and turkey;
3) Get a grill thermometer and just drop the probe end right into one of the top vent holes..turn the vent and it will squeeze it and hold it into place;
4) Buy the BBQ Bible and/or BBQ USA by Steven Raichlen, most of his recipes are geared toward cooking on the kettle.

Get after it!

This is also very helpful when the cook has been "deglazed".

Also, thanks for all the kind words everyone!

Back