Some superbowl sammich suggestions.

BBQchef33

Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Batch Image
Reaction score
Superbowl Sammiches.

I know I should be posting this in recipes, but maybe someone will want to use them for superbowl. These are pokernight sandwhichs I use oftern. 2 sandwhiches that always knock people over. Gregs suggestions of McRib reminded me. Alot of ya may remember this recipe. Being I need a plan B, I may be using them myself for tomorrow.

The McPhils Rib sammich.

Ingriedents:
3-4 vidalia onions
some shreaded mozerella
3 loaves of garlic bread
3 racks of babybacks.
your favorite BBQ Sauce.

Cook how you normally would, byt they have to be "fall off the bone", or overcooked as some would say. Just foil them for an our or two and dont pretend your at KCBS.

Saute the vidalia onions till clear, add worsteshire sauce, pick-a-peppa sauce and beer, reduce so all liquid is absorbed.

Pop all the bones out of the racks of ribs, leave it whole.
Mop the rack with the BBQ sauce.
Toast the garlic bread under the broiler, melt the cheese on one side.
Put the ribs on garlic bread, add the onions.
add some BBQ sauce if ya want and wrap the whole thing in foil. Return to oven at 300-350 for no longer than 10 minutes.

Phils Philly cheesesteak.
2 Big loaves of Garlic bread
London Broils. 2 BIG ones, cooked med-rare. I ALWAYS smoke them and let them rest for at least 45 minutes so they don't loose the juices.
Canned or fresh Roasted red peppers
3-4 large Vidalia onions cooked same as above and some mushrooms added.
2 lbs mozzerella cheese and/or provolone. (or whatever cheese ya want).

Saute the onions same as listed in the rib sammich add some mushrooms to this also.

Slice the london broil real thin.
If the mushrooms and onions arent hot, make them hot. Then add all the onions and shrooms to the sliced steak and mix together Add seasoning of your choice. I use pick-a-peppa and a touch of A1. (unless you like layers, then just assemple the sandwich).

Toast the garlic bread
Lay the steak and onions on the garlic bread,
lay some roasted peppers across the top and cover with mozerrela cheese
put sammich open faced under broiler to melt cheese, or even better, if smoker is still going, melt cheese in there.
Close and slice.

Both of these are Guarenteed to make guests socks go up and down and eyes roll into the heads. Enjoy!!!

Back