THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

zydecopaws

Babbling Farker
Bubba Ho-Keg and I haven't made many appearances here recently (I know, off to the penalty box). Doesn't mean we haven't been cooking; just been real busy paying the mortgage and not making appearances in Q-Talk. But we're back for awhile now...

Tonight a houseguest selected the menu, and with all the veggies on the grill it looked more like Lent than the Christmas season. But not to worry, I managed to sneak some chicken breasts on the grill with all that non-meat stuff.

IMG_1483.JPG

As you can see in the picture, there were grilled carrots, eggplant, things in foil, and more things in a basket under the carrots that you can’t see. As if that weren’t enough, zucchini went on the grill after the eggplant came off.

IMG_1484.JPG

The mysterious veggies in the grill basket were onions and peppers (a staple around here), and in the foil were some mushrooms simmering away in a mixture of butter, white wine, and hoisin sauce. The eggplant was brushed with EVOO and sprinkled with salt, pepper, granulated garlic, and crushed basil. The zucchini received a trashbag tater treatment (at least as far as being shaken with the spices in a vegetable bag goes) of EVOO, granulated garlic, salt, and pepper, and the carrots were brushed with butter, garlic salt, white wine, and fresh ground pepper.

IMG_1486.JPG

The chicken breasts were lightly covered with a mixture of Cajun seasoning mix, red chile powder, cayenne pepper, white wine, and a bit of EVOO. The spiciness of the chicken breasts were a nice complement to the veggies, each of which had a unique flavor and texture. Although it was a bit of a challenge to get it all done at once on Bubba Ho-Keg, the only complaint I heard was that I didn’t cook enough of the carrot.

And then I show up here and find out the throwdown this week is vegetables. Coincidence or karma?

Welcome back neighbor...btw...where the fark is Battleground? :lol::lol::lol: Good lookin' grub too! :p

Welcome back neighbor...btw...where the fark is Battleground? :lol::lol::lol: Good lookin' grub too! :p

Dang-near that Ore-E-Gone place. You know, the southern part of the State where our votes don't count for anything and we get Portland TV commercials.

But at least summer lasts longer than Tuesday down here... :mrgreen:

Dang-near that Ore-E-Gone place. You know, the southern part of the State where our votes don't count for anything and we get Portland TV commercials. :mrgreen:
I have heard this before, I had never realized what an issue it was, until my last visit, that area is like a black hole WA news wise.

Back