MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 11-10-2009, 01:59 AM   #1
tmcmaster
is One Chatty Farker

Default Shipping Q Question...

Hola all -

I need to ship some Q via either USPS, UPS or FedEx, and am wondering if anyone else has shipped, who you used and how you packaged it...

Thanks!

Old 11-10-2009, 03:18 AM   #2
CB
On the road to being a farker

I've not shipped but have ordered fresh meat, cooked q, and seafood. Almost without exception they have shipped in heavier gauge cardboard boxes fitted with bottom, sides and top 1-2 inch styro sheets using heavy butcher paper and lotsa cold packs to surround the vacuum packed meat. And most have at least one piece of dry ice. Overnight shipping.

The bigger meat places use custom styro cooler that fit snug into the cardboard box.
Silver & H2O Smokers
Double Chef Smoker
CB940X Charcoal Grill
The Big Easy Oil-less Turkey Fryer
Big Easy Smoker-Roaster-Grill
Outdoor Stove-Top & Smoker
Rambler on-the-go! grill
CB is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-10-2009, 10:44 AM   #3
Paul B
is one Smokin' Farker

I've shipped ribs from Daytona Beach, Fl to California. I froze then packed in a styrofoam cooler(made for such delivery) with dry ice and fedex delivered. No complaints from the other end other than I didn't send enough!!! .

Paul B
Paul B is offline   Reply With Quote