Don't know where to start

Status
Not open for further replies.

millsy

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I am new as of this morning and not sure what I am doing but want to learn.I am also new to computers so be nice.

Welcome to the forum! You can start by giving us a little info. about you, the type of equipment ya have, your experience, etc. Relax and enjoy the ride...it'll be fun!

Welcome Millsy. You have done all the hard stuff, so just enjoy this great forum.

I dont have much for gear yet,Just a plain old well seasoned gas grill that has some modifacations for inderecet cooking and I put my wood chips in a steal smoke box over the flames.I am looking at buying or making a smoker.
As far as experence I just cook for the family and freinds.It has only been a couple on years since I realized the difference between bbq and grilling.I want to learn how to bbq low and slow.

I dont think I will have much to add.There seems to be alot of experenced people I can learn from though

I forgot to add that I was sent here by Barbefunkoramaque.I found him on utube and he sent me here.I cant beleive the # of peolpe with the same passion as I.My thought if it takes longer to cook it gives me more time to drink beer

You guy's are making me fell very welcome.I live in Canada and it is alot harder to bbq year round,it is -10 cel and we have 3 feet of snow left.I keep access to the grill so any day near 0 I cook outside.I did some ribs on saturday it was plus 10 deg cel,looking forward to summer.

welcome, i was in your shoes not to long ago and this forum taught me a whole lot when it comes to low and slow. good luck and have fun with this:p:p:p

I live in Canada and it is alot harder to bbq year round,it is -10 cel and we have 3 feet of snow left.
To me, this is an unacceptable excuse.
I live in Wisconsin, which is much the same as Canada weather-wise. But we don't say "eh". Well, not much. Mostly we say "ya".
I have grills and smokers fired up year round. Where there is a will there is a way.
I agree with the previous post re the UDS thread. Everybody swears by them, and they are easy to build.
Welcome to the best clubhouse on the web!

Welcome to the addiction... Remember, there is no 12 step program for us!!!
I dont have much for gear yet,Just a plain old well seasoned gas grill that has some modifacations for inderecet cooking and I put my wood chips in a steal smoke box over the flames.I am looking at buying or making a smoker.
As far as experence I just cook for the family and freinds.It has only been a couple on years since I realized the difference between bbq and grilling.I want to learn how to bbq low and slow.
Like HeSmellsLikeSmoke said, give a quick look at the UDS thread in Q-Talk (Sorry, kind of a inside joke, it's over 2,700 postings). There is literally a ton of information on how to build an inexpensive smoker.

I dont think I will have much to add.There seems to be alot of experenced people I can learn from though
If you look around, there are a lot of us that post not only our successes, but also our failures... "Those that don't learn from history (or others mistakes) are bound to repeat them" (My Grandmother).

Also, don't be afraid to ask questions... We love questions... There are like 7,000 people on this forum that like doing nothing more than helping each other out!

I forgot to add that I was sent here by Barbefunkoramaque.I found him on utube and he sent me here.I cant beleive the # of peolpe with the same passion as I.My thought if it takes longer to cook it gives me more time to drink beer
We'll try not to hold that against you if you don't bring it up often... :lol:

You guy's are making me fell very welcome.I live in Canada and it is alot harder to bbq year round,it is -10 cel and we have 3 feet of snow left.I keep access to the grill so any day near 0 I cook outside.I did some ribs on saturday it was plus 10 deg cel,looking forward to summer.
As HarborMaster said, we don't accept that as a valid excuse... In my family we stop smoking food at 11:59 pm, December 31st and don't start up again until 12:01 am, January 1st... It's the with drawl I go through every year....

Seriously, there are ways around the cold and we can help you with it.

Once again, welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back