100_2496.jpg

everything in a large non-reactive pot
100_2497.jpg

bring to rolling boil stirring constantly and reduce volume by 1/3
100_2498.jpg

makes roughly 3.5 quarts give or take.
may be canned and stored for months or refrigerated

Enjoy

Might have to give that one a try. Sounds great!! Thanks for sharing.
Nice stash of crushed red pepper you got there:biggrin:

Paul

Do you puree' that when it's all cooked then? Or is there no need?

Probably a stupid question with five cups of vinegar in there but is there a strong vinegar flavor? Me no likey vinegar thus any sauce that is overwhelmingly vinegary gets moded.

Probably a stupid question with five cups of vinegar in there but is there a strong vinegar flavor? Me no likey vinegar thus any sauce that is overwhelmingly vinegary gets moded.
that is the reason for reduction......but, mod away if you wish...thats why i posted it!:biggrin:

First time i made Jays sauce, i sifted the chuncy chit out, had 2 qts of smooth and 1 quart of chunky sauce that was so hot, I only bring it out to annoy people that tell me they like hot sauce. I PMed Jay when my eyes quit bleeding and he told me, he cut back on the hot stuff, and if I rREALLY wanted hot stuff, he'd send me the OTHER reciepe! Im telling you, this mild stuff is the CATSASS! I wont try his Hot stuff. Thx Jay.

First time i made Jays sauce, i sifted the chuncy chit out, had 2 qts of smooth and 1 quart of chunky sauce that was so hot, I only bring it out to annoy people that tell me they like hot sauce. I PMed Jay when my eyes quit bleeding and he told me, he cut back on the hot stuff, and if I rREALLY wanted hot stuff, he'd send me the OTHER reciepe! Im telling you, this mild stuff is the CATSASS! I wont try his Hot stuff. Thx Jay.
LOL!!!!! I forgot about that!!!:lol: BTW....for the hot stuff.....just double the amount of pepper and cook real slow!!!:twisted:

The very first sauce trade I got in was Jay's sauces. Excellent apple, hot and mustard.

Scott

Back