THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SpammyQ

Take a breath!
Ok, all week I was planning on putting an 8 1/2 lb pork butt on the smoker saturday night and eatin' pulled pork on Sunday, BUT, the weatherman had different ideas. :mad:

I have a WSM and no covered area to cook in, the forecast called for severe storms all weekend, and man, did it ever. We got 4 inches of rain in less than 24 hours. I gave up on the pork, cause I didn't want to do an overnight in severe weather. :x Anyway, about noon today, the clouds let up, and it cleared. I checked the weather radar and it seemed that it would be clear for a few hours. I decided to run to the store and pick up a couple whole chickens. I threw them on the WSM beer can style, one riding my weber chicken cooker and the other riding a Leinie's can.

4.5 hours later, she came off and got cut up.
100_1086.jpg
Then pulled.
100_1088.jpg
Good eats. mmmm
100_1089.jpg
Not quite pork, but I got to fire up the smoker and had a good plan B. It's now storming again.

Jim

Back