THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

S

SmokeInDaEye

Yes, we had hot dogs for dinner tonight.

Catch is, I didn't make them.

I recently acquired a little tailgating grill that I decided to give to my five year old to learn on. Tonight was his first lesson on it. I got it heated up and he learned how to open and close the lid safely, how to use the vents, and how to use tongs to turn the hot dogs "when they start sizzling".

Funny thing, I told him next week he could make hamburgers and I'll set a timer that will ring when it's time to flip them. He said he doesn't need the timer...he'll just wait for the meat to sizzle.:wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's pretty neat that you are teaching him to cook at his age. Any time that we can spend teaching our children how to do what we love is great. Sure looks like he was proud of himself.

The "Kid's Que Circuit" needs to watch out!
New Kiddo on the block! :lol:

Great thread--Thanks!

TIM

He must have loved this... He's real skilled too...by being able to tend a fire and talk on the phone and not burn any of the dogs.

Let's see those burger pictures next time out.

Wow that's great, can not wait for the grand kids to show up! BIG hint to my married kids!!

He must have loved this... He's real skilled too...by being able to tend a fire and talk on the phone and not burn any of the dogs.

Let's see those burger pictures next time out.

He was calling his aunt to tell her about the hot dogs. Good times.

Very nice, my two youngest are still trying to decide what they woud like to cook at kids Q this contest year. Think they may do cinimon rolls inside cored out oranges again, great stuff...

Great pics! I love to see kids getting involved with cooking! My two daughters have been in the kitchen since they could stand up! Not too many better ways to spend time with the kiddos!

James.

Back