does anyone else's dog raid your grease bucket?

smoke ninja

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
and what do you do about it?

bruno is alway stealing things. wood splits, wire brushes, he'll shred a bag of charcoal to bits. he's ran around the yard with my maul and a weed burner tank and all. and then there is the grease bucket. if I don't get to it he cleans it out for me. I tried to make an aluminium foil cone to keep him out but he just ate the foil

When the pit is going, JayBob raids anything remotely related to a few grease spots on the concrete etc. Their Nose Knows.

Yep. They love grease. Mine eats the lump charcoal out of my UDS basket, from the previous cook because it has fat/meat drippings soaked into it.
Bruno did a number on your wire brush handle, I see. :-D

I don't have a dog, and have a good fence. I had a little grease in my bucket on the bottom rack of my cooker, and was worried that it might tip over. The other day the bucket was tipped over, but clean. Either a rat or squirrel, I don't know for sure....

I don't have a dog, and have a good fence. I had a little grease in my bucket on the bottom rack of my cooker, and was worried that it might tip over. The other day the bucket was tipped over, but clean. Either a rat or squirrel, I don't know for sure....
Not a squirrel. Possibly a rat but most likely a cat or raccoon.

Yep. They love grease. Mine eats the lump charcoal out of my UDS basket, from the previous cook because it has fat/meat drippings soaked into it.
Bruno did a number on your wire brush handle, I see. :-D

he did a number on the brush head too. was rather angry that it bite him back. he's okay inside and only chews toys but outdoors he is a menace. there were some floats left in the pool and the wind blew them out today. he popped 2 and partially ate another

And I thought my 2 year old Lab was a PIA.
Gotta luv em though! They sure make your life better.

my dog likes cat crap :doh:

Last edited:
Put a pickle/spaghetti jar or larger if you need it inside the bucket then cap it when things cool off.

You need one of these

for the cooker.:biggrin1:

You know those smaller grease cups of light aluminum under the gasser?

I'd usually have to go find it in the yard after a cook on it.

One time, it was totally perforated and looked like a sieve, as they licked it to death and then chewed the chit out of it

My dog has generally left the grease drains alone. But leave a couple gallons of oil in the turkey fryer after doing a couple turkeys, and he'll drink it all. I like to think for the next 3 days he regretted his decision. But I've never given him an opportunity to repeat since.

Back