THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LordRiffenstein

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Yoeri
Some people asked for more info about the brick building outside my house, so I figured I might as well dedicate a thread about it.

A little history, we moved into this place a little over 5 years ago. Besides it being close to the perfect house for us, it had a couple of extra features that we loved. One being a ginormous fire place (in which I have yet to cook but working on that) and a brick building with an old wood-fired oven. The house dates back to 1920 and our guess is the oven is from that same period. It was restored by the previous owners but surprisingly never used. Something we rectified within a couple of months of moving in :biggrin1:

The brick building was my outdoor cooking area but was getting to small (to much hardware!) so last summer we decided to make some space next to it to add a covered area. We spend a couple of weekends removing plants and soil, build a nice wooden structure to create an outside cooking area. Put in a temp floor as later this year we will be doing some more work in the garden.

This is roughly 6m by 4m and was full of plants and bushes, they had to go.
02.jpg

This is where we were after day 1.

03.jpg

04.jpg

On day 2, we needed a couple of more hours but were glad it was done. We removed about 5 cubic meters of sand.

06.jpg

07.jpg

The following weekend, the build could start. With a lot of help from my BIL. On Sunday, we were done except for the floor, time to fire up a Q, right?

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

FFWD a few weeks and my dad finished building our outside working area, the top was recovered from my sister's house, they were renovating their kitchen, we added a 2-pit gas setup we used to have indoors ( I knew not to throw that away!) On the right side we left room for a fridge :razz:

13.jpg

And this is the whole setup, wood-fired oven, open fire (chain for DO), room for offset and wood inside the brick building, gas pits, pellet smoker, Weber outside.

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

I love it. Thanks for sharing this, Yoeri. What have you cooked in that oven?

Mostly pizza and some bread, once I used leftover heat to cook a small fatty, had some leftover meat from sausage making, came out great. Have a lot of ideas for it but also for the other cookers so I guess I just need more time :wink:

Back