Armidillo eggs- new tool.

chibi

Full Fledged Farker
kinda long story but bear w/me
I am smoking some drunk chickens today and decided to make some armildillo eggs. I love them!! So went bouut cleaning jalps and coring them. Then was about to start stuffing with creamcheese in a ziploc bag and the corner cut out. Has worked great for me in the past. Well my wife had gotten some kitchen tools from her grandmother that is 91 and can no longer use them. One of which is a cookie shooter from the 70's. Runs on electricty. So I look at it and there is a cookie decorator tipfor it that is long and skinny. So I figure to try it. Well it was a big success. Place the cheese in it and place the jalp on the end and pull the trigger. The pressure forces the cheese in it and the jalp off the end. Took me 5 min for 24 jalps. And that was also reloading time. Here are some pics of it.
If this has been discussed before sorry I searched to no evail.

Please refrain from the indecent comments about the pics. I know what it looks like :)

Michael

Attachments

• shooter.jpg
    shooter.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 196
  • jalp.jpg
    jalp.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 194
  • inaction.jpg
    inaction.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 195
pretty cool...with those latex gloves..almost makes ya look like an amatuer gynecologist :)

OK, I'm refraining but I'm not sure how much longer I can hold out. The rubber gloves just put it over the top.

boatnut said:
pretty cool...with those latex gloves..almost makes ya look like an amatuer gynecologist :)

I prefer freelance gynecologist. :wink:

Nice tool. :confused: You know what I mean.

Cool

I kinda do the same thing with a jerky gun. Got it for christmas a few years ago. It looks like a caulking gun. You put your ground up jerky meat in the tube and pull the trigger. You can experiment with the different tips. I use it to fill the ABT or Armadillo Eggs. Not as slick as an electric but it will work if you dont have one. Nice find! Now we need to come up with a easy way to core them! Kinda labor intese. Cuts in on the adult beverage consumption.

bcis93 said:
I kinda do the same thing with a jerky gun. Got it for christmas a few years ago. It looks like a caulking gun. You put your ground up jerky meat in the tube and pull the trigger. You can experiment with the different tips. I use it to fill the ABT or Armadillo Eggs. Not as slick as an electric but it will work if you dont have one. Nice find! Now we need to come up with a easy way to core them! Kinda labor intese. Cuts in on the adult beverage consumption.

Yep jerky shooter here. For coring I just take a vegetable peeler and scrape around the inside kind of like stirring something briskly. The electric thing looks cooler though.

I would have never thought of that....I have one that has been collecting dust for years...gonna have to get it out and try a few things....these brethren guys are always thinkin'

ultramag said:
OK, I'm refraining but I'm not sure how much longer I can hold out. The rubber gloves just put it over the top.

My wife said to lose the gloves before the pics but I was to lazy:)
Thanks for the comments.
Thoose are armadillo. Will post pics when they are done!!

Michael

Kevin said:
Yep jerky shooter here. For coring I just take a vegetable peeler and scrape around the inside kind of like stirring something briskly. The electric thing looks cooler though.

Thanks guys for the intro to jerky shooters! Just spent 10 mintes learning all about em.

I always thought jerkey was slow smoked seasoned, thin strips of meat. But you make pressed strips of ground, seasoned meat, huh?

(Sorry for the highjack, Chibi. The stuffer is sweet also!)

chibi said:
Thanks for the comments.

Michael

Those gloves aren't that big of a deal to me. I use them when I handle jalapeno's.

But you just look too comfortable holding something that size... :shock: :lol:

chibi said:
Thanks for the comments.

Michael

I was just bustin' on ya chibi. It is a good idea. Beats the hell out of the cutting the corner off the zip-lock bag method. I also wish I could find japs around here worth buying this time of year.

just to add one more option.. i use a pastry bag with no tip, just the coller.

That is a great tool Chibi, anything that makes it easier is ok by me.

I also wish I could find japs around here worth buying this time of year.[/quote]

I got these Jalps at Wal-Mart supercenter. They are good size and color. But could use a little more heat.

Michael

Back