THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
[FONT=&quot]I had this as a side dish for my Dog Days of Summer Hot Dog Trio (Link: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=232592) but forgot to take any close-ups of it at that time. :doh: [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Well there is a [/FONT][FONT=&quot]"Desserts: Brethren Style!" Throwdown going on here: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=232331 so [/FONT][FONT=&quot]I’m posting it as a separate cook and took some close-ups of some of the leftovers.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]This desert brings back a lot of good memories from camping with the family. My brother taught us how to make this while we were camping with my parents at the Doheny State Beach campground. He used a traditional camping Dutch oven that he put hot coals on top of to cook the cobbler. I took a less messy route and just used my standard Dutch oven in the kamado. Here are the ingredients.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Buttered up my Dutch Over and dumped in the cherry filling and cake mix.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I leveled it out some and then sprinkled on some cinnamon and brown sugar.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I then thinly sliced a stick of butter and placed it on top.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I put in in my preheated, to 325, kamado for 35 minutes covered and 5 minutes uncovered. Here it is done.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And here it is plated up a la mode with some vanilla ice cream.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Yep, those are some good memories. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thanks for looking.[/FONT]

Dump cake is one of my most favorite go to deserts, I usually go with a mix of a good fruit cocktail, and cherry pie filling, other than that I do it like yours. thanks for posting.
Dave

I'm not much on making desserts but I can dang sure do away with them. I'd hit that one really hard. Never met a cobbler I didn't like.:icon_smile_tongue:

Mmmm... Love dump cakes! For a change of pace, try a chocolate cherry dump cake. Replace the yellow cake mix with a devil's food cake mix. :thumb:

Looks darn tasty. Pics are great wish I could get my pics to turn out that good. What kind of camera are you using?
Thank you Joe. For the prep & cooking pics I just use my cell phone camera. (Samsung s5)

For the money shots I use a Canon 70D with a 18-135 lens. I get some pretty good results as the camera is a fairly nice. I'd like to get a better lens but that's somewhat down on my wish list for now.

Back