THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gus350

Knows what a fatty is.
I want to pull the trigger and get the assassin grill to cook ribs on was just wondering from people that have them how we'll they cook.

Thanks Kevin

IMG_1089_zpsn0mwnbnr.jpg

I called yesterday to check lead time and they had 48" one that someone had ordered and backed out. They crated it up today and it's on the way.

No real deal. They didn't charge extra for the painted door but I really didn't care what color it was. Their price for shipping was better than any price I got online.

No real deal. They didn't charge extra for the painted door but I really didn't care what color it was. Their price for shipping was better than any price I got online.

The cost of shipping has been the stopper for me. Shipping would increase the cost of the grill by 50% for me.

The cost of shipping has been the stopper for me. Shipping would increase the cost of the grill by 50% for me.

I spent a fair amount of time getting quotes online. The best was around $325.00 and that didn't include the $100.00 they charge for crating it up. My shipping cost from Assassin was $340 including the crating fee.

I figured where else was I going to find a well built versatile grill/smoker for around $1,100.00? I spent a lot of time looking and most of the ones I saw that had this build quality were priced much or higher without shipping.

It's scheduled to be delivered on Friday. Now I have to figure out what to cook first.

If they raised the price of the Grill to $1100 like their competitors then the shipping price would look better.............:heh:

I spent a fair amount of time getting quotes online. The best was around $325.00 and that didn't include the $100.00 they charge for crating it up. My shipping cost from Assassin was $340 including the crating fee.

I figured where else was I going to find a well built versatile grill/smoker for around $1,100.00? I spent a lot of time looking and most of the ones I saw that had this build quality were priced much or higher without shipping.

It's scheduled to be delivered on Friday. Now I have to figure out what to cook first.

I don't disagree with you at all. Just the extra cost takes it out of my range. You are correct. They offer a great product at a fair price. Just doesn't fit my budget at this time. Certainly one I will continue to follow though. I really think it fits what I want to do better than anything else I have looked at.

I look forward to seeing how it works for you. Good Luck!

Hmm... Now that I figured out these guys are in Macon, GA.. I'm realizing I could go pick mine up myself.. I may have to get one of these bad boys!

Well I've decided to get the assassin after much back and forth. I just think there is more versatility here since I already have a green egg.

Now do I get the 3 footer or the 4. Haha here we go again trying to decide. Your input is more than welcome here.

Thanks Kevin.

Well I've decided to get the assassin after much back and forth. I just think there is more versatility here since I already have a green egg.

Now do I get the 3 footer or the 4. Haha here we go again trying to decide. Your input is more than welcome here.

Thanks Kevin.

The bigger the better. I feel that cookers are kinda like gun safes. Always buy bigger than what you think you need.

Back