Beef Shorties and homeade pizza...(pron)

Decoy205

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
John
Love these nice days at home. I'm still getting in the groove with my Akorn. I think I'm really getting the feel for it. It's putting out some good grub so far. I really wanted to cook the pizza on the Akorn too but I don't have a stone that fits yet and want to practice first because I never cooked pizza with charcoal.

I also thought this was a good excuse to enter the NOOB TD!! There's a great TD for brethren who have entered less than five and it's open so thought I'd enter with this!

Started the fire and came in to get the short ribs ready.

Got the Akorn up to 275 and put the shorties on.

Did my weekly yard work grass is starting to look better finally haha. After two hours they look like this:

Another hour and the small ones were up to 200* and probed tender.

So I started working on the pizzas.

After another 30 mins the larger bones were done.

First pizza out:

Second pie

Done

Mmmm

Plated

Thanks for lookin!!
-John

Awesome cook brother!

For the pizza stone/deflector, have you seen these that are specifically for the Akorn?

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Char-Griller-Akorn-Kamado-Smoking-Stone-6201/204151984

It's also reasonably priced IMO.

Thanks! And yes I have actually ordered the smokin stone a while back but they were back ordered. From the looks of the retailers they say they will be available by June 8th. I'm hoping I get the shipping email soon. I will definitley be doing a pie or two on this thing when I have the proper stone. :Cool2:

Back