*** Vote - BBQ Brethren "Independence Day!" Throwdown! - Vote ***

*** Vote - BBQ Brethren "Independence Day!" Throwdown! - Vote ***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Damn. Each of those entries look great and I'd gladly eat each one and probably want seconds. Yet, only a couple make me think of "Independence Day"...

Yea that chil7 dog looks great. That chili looks just like what they use on detroit style coney dogs only with brisket. Definitely not your typical "red" chili.

Care to share any details on it?

I voted!
First I eliminated the entries that didn't meet the category or special rules requirements. Not sure why they didn't get DQ'd, I wont call them out because I believe in letting the voters decide so I went ahead and voted for the entry that screams 4th of July to me.
Did I mention that I voted? :thumb:

I haven't been to any of these folks' personal July 4th celebrations, so I don't know what they typically cook...I know what I typically cook and voted accordingly, as you did. :thumb:

Exactamundo! If this was a "Childhood Christmas" TD, I would be entering Chinese food or Pizza, as this is typically what my Parents and I would go out for when we were living in Saskatchewan away from any other family. When it is a category open to interpretation, then it is up to the cook to decide what fits to them

Of course, this Canadian voted for a meal made to celebrate the USA by some dude living over the pond - so what do I know :bow:

... or at least I think I voted for that person (can't say for certain until the poll closes)

I haven't been to any of these folks' personal July 4th celebrations, so I don't know what they typically cook...I know what I typically cook and voted accordingly, as you did. :thumb:

Wouldn't need too. That's what sucks about the DQ's they are inconsistent and can be perceived as selective enforcement not that I'm accusing anybody of that. I think you guys do a great job and ought to be commended, just voicing my opinion on DQ's in general. :thumb:

Exactamundo! When it is a category open to interpretation, then it is up to the cook to decide what fits to them.

That's how it used to be "open to interpretation" but the special rules became to literal and it was no longer open to the cooks interpretation but rather how it's worded or what was the persons intent that called the category. I like it when it's open to the cooks interpretation, you get a lot of out of the box thinking and really unique entries.

Man all of these look great, but with only vote... choose I must, so I will..... done!

OK. Four of these would qualify as 4th Of July cooks for me. The other three are excellent meals too, but just don't fit my ideal for that holiday. Of the four, one just screamed loudest so I had to shut it up.

They all look great, but like some of the others, I voted for the one that said 4th of July to me. That being said, I wouldn't turn my nose up to any of them.

td

:deadhorse::violin::deadhorse::violin:
I voted!
First I eliminated the entries that didn't meet the category or special rules requirements. Not sure why they didn't get DQ'd, I wont call them out because I believe in letting the voters decide so I went ahead and voted for the entry that screams 4th of July to me.
Did I mention that I voted? :thumb:

It's time:

VOTEFORMOOSE_zps155b69dd.jpg

Back