THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

supertramp

Knows what a fatty is.
the day started out innocent enough, had some kielbasa & a duck i wanted to smoke. couldn't decide what to make until i remembered a chicken bog that a friend made. figured i could give a bog a go but using smoked duck instead.

20141004_094046_zps76869e71.jpg

not being the wasteful type, came up with a use for the giblets, duck tacos:
duck giblets pan fried with garlic cloves & rosemary in olive oil. pan fried potatos w/ julienned habaneros & vidalia in same oil. served on corn tortillas with fried egg, cilantro, jalapenos & crema fresca.

will definitely be making these again.

20141004_115833_zps2e16b19e.jpg

bog turned out fantastic. i used chicken & vegetable broth along with the pulled duck and sliced kielbasa. served it up with pan fried duck skin, smoked duck & kielbasa. i know the menu was extremely redundant but that is what i was working with today.

20141004_141425_zpsb56e6a2e.jpg

thanks for looking, hope you enjoyed.

bog is a south carolina specialty that is similar to jambalaya but more basic.

traditionally you boil a chicken with a whole onion, use the broth to cook rice and add the pulled chicken back in with sausage and very minimal seasoning. well, i made it with duck since i had a duck and just used store bough broth.

Back