THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

That is a beautiful cook, and my kinda day. Build a fire at 6am and let her run till the sun goes down!!
At what temp were you running that beast, what wood are you running in her?

(devil is in the details ;) )

rb

That is a beautiful cook, and my kinda day. Build a fire at 6am and let her run till the sun goes down!!
At what temp were you running that beast, what wood are you running in her?

(devil is in the details ;) )

rb

That's the best part she doesn't need a 5 or 6am fire, I waited until about 7:15 to light it and she runs right in a sweet spot between around 260* on the low side to 285* on the high side of a re-fuel I use primarily oak heart wood splits with a little bit of hickory mixed in on the front end of the cooks until IT's pass the 140* mark on pork and beef roasts.

I'm a pretty big fan of hot and fast methods but this pit has a sweet spot just below that level I normally cook at and it turns out far better bark and color with just a little bit more time all in.

Moisture levels of rested butts and brisket are off the hook with this pit!

With the insulated firebox it does it with significantly less wood than the Langs I have been using and for me that's a big deal.

I cut, haul, split, stack and age every stick of wood I cook with 2+ years or more and anything that cuts down on that job is a huge help.

Outstanding Very nice cook Are those Wampus bake beans

I got the bean recipe back in the 80's from an old farm gal from Mississippi who made me the best darn corn relish I have ever had in my life, her name was Velma.

She called 'em smoked pit beans and I have always referred to them as the same.

Back