THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swine Spectator

is Blowin Smoke!
Name or Nickame
David
Since peeps called out the glazed wings for the Asian Chicken Appetizer TD, I needed to find some other dish. My idea is found on Asian menus nowhere. As far as I know this has never been attempted. So here's what I came up with: Twice-Grilled Chicken Springrolls:

Here are the basic ingredients:
picture.php

I took leftover grilled chicken thighs from Saturday's weekend cook and picked the meat from them. Then I chopped it finely and mixed it with some fish sauce, hoisin, oyster sauce, and a touch of sriracha:
picture.php

I mixed them and added some chopped cilantro:
picture.php

Then I dipped the rice papers and added the meat:
picture.php

My rice paper rolling skills need some work:
picture.php

After drying the rolls, I brushed them with some sesame oil to prevent sticking and (hopefully) help crisp them up. Onto the grill:
picture.php

...and here's the plated dish as my official TD Entry:
picture.php

They were very good right off the grill, but didn't hold very well. I give my self high marks for creativity and flavor, although my rolling skills and photography skills could still use some work.

David
The Swine Spectator

Back