Quit My Job to Cook BBQ Full Time!! Gonna Get Weird :). (pics)

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Things have recently changed quite dramatically for me in a magically delicious way and figured I would share :becky:. I went from having a job that wasn't doing it for me to being the head bbq guy at a soon to be opening restaurant here in GA. And this change wasn't a long time coming so much that I have a friend that announced back in February he was opening a BBQ place, so we chatted a few times and I realized I should just quit my "secure" job and do something I'm passionate about. Never had a job like that before :biggrin1:.

The timing was too perfect not to make a quick decision :thumb:. My awesome fiance that I will marry in less than 2 weeks fully supported the change with reckless abandonment :clap2:. So on March 10th I quit my old job and started my new one March 11th.

I've been spending my time doing a little bit of everything from my primary function of getting the recipes down/cooking the food and setting up how the back of the house will run (with help of course) to helping with anything else that is needed around the restaurant to make sure the doors open soon. I do have a marketing/management background so cooking q isn't my only skill :crazy:. I pretty much have full reign in the kitchen which is badass and having a commercial kitchen to cook in is so awesome :-D. Long days have never been so fun.

Anyways I'll leave it to that for now. The restaurant is Foggy Bottom BBQ & Cajun located in Loganville GA. Looking to open the doors April 1. Here is the FB page. Crazy how many people come in every day asking if the restaurant is open yet. Can't wait for opening day. There will be more info online coming soon. The menu is still being finalized along with lots of other things :-D.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Foggy-Bottom-BBQ/394574167263938?fref=ts

Here are some pics I've taken on my phone of some of the bbq and cajun things we've been working on. Everything is still a work in progress, but the food is going to rock!! Thanks for reading :thumb:.

-Jason

Brisket prep

Smokin wings

Some ribs done

Briskets look banging

Chicken halves rubbed with our house rub, which is my recipe :becky:

My Brunswick Stew Recipe

Butts have some really good color here

We'll have a really great burger too

Here's a po-boy I ridiculously stuffed with shrimp and crawfish for a little over the top'ness

Messing around with fried ribs. These are cajun battered too for a little different spin and combining the bbq and cajun flavors we'll offer.

Rib bite shot. They are tasty as all get out. Not just fried for the sake of frying to be crazy/cool. They are awesome with a little sauce or some spicy ranch.

Some jambalaya

And some homemade only rings

It's not a job if you love it. I have been lucky to do what I love for a living since I was 17. Congrats!

That is some great looking food. Best of luck on the venture, you have a good start with that food. I am very interested in how the Brunswick Stew sells, I have always thought it was a logical dish to serve in a BBQ place

Looks really good. I'm with DKelly75, I vote that store #2 is in So.Cal.
Bubba Q and Cajun food......ooooo dang!

got to get ABT'S (atomic buffalo turds)on the app list (stuffed japs with cheese and bacon) then you're BBQ dream will be complete.

That is some great looking food. Best of luck on the venture, you have a good start with that food. I am very interested in how the Brunswick Stew sells, I have always thought it was a logical dish to serve in a BBQ place

Thanks. I really like my stew recipe and it was one of the first things I made for them. They of course had a lot of recipes in mind not knowing I would be coming to cook and when they tried my stew they were like "we are now using this" :becky:. I hope the public feels the same way as well :pray:.

got to get ABT'S (atomic buffalo turds)on the app list (stuffed japs with cheese and bacon) then you're BBQ dream will be complete.

Yeah we have been talking about those. We have a semi-set list of apps for the menu and then will probably do "featured apps" to run as specials. The jalapenos are high up on the featured list :-D

Wow, all that food looks great. I want to try those fried ribs, they look awesome :thumb: Good luck in this new chapter of your life. Going to try to get out there when I'm in Alpharetta in May.

Back