Competition class review

abangs

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Just finished up Malcom Reed and Mark Lambert's competition class. We did whole hog, brisket, butts, ribs, and chicken. The briskets and chicken were done on different cookers to compare to each other...so you could see side by side how a water cooker cooks a brisket and chicken then how a dry cooker cooks a brisket and chicken. Also, except for hog, two different style boxes were prepared on all meats to showcase some variations between Killer Hogs (Reed) and Sweet Swine O' Mine (Lambert). The hog alone was worth the entry fee....holy crap the oinker was good...I mean GUD.....
They took the time to break down the butts, brisket and hog into the different muscles and turn in pieces so that you could really tell why to turn in particular pieces.

All in all, this class was well worth the money......I highly recommend those guys!!!

Thanks for this review! I know Malcom is doing another class in January and it was one we were looking at for consideration. I appreciate the information as it helps us to decide where to spend our money :-D.

Back