Chinese BBQ Pork-n-Smokey Fried Rice

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I love this stuff and make it as often as possible :)

marinaded a couple of tenderloins over night...

(make a double batch if needed to cover the meat)
2 cloves minced garlic
one "thumb sized" piece of fresh ginger peeled and minced
3 tsp sherry
3 1/2 TBS soy sauce
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
2 TBs honey
1/2 tsp five spice
and about 1/2 tsp red food coloring
let it chill overnight...

e6811a83.jpg

6be49dbd.jpg

43908c63.jpg

onto the Hasty Bake with cherry pellets...

71acfc12.jpg

brought to an internal temp of 145F..

924aa975.jpg

731f759b.jpg

5c6c1c79.jpg

made some fried rice with smoked rice I had made earlier..

4f689e8c.jpg

d5318611.jpg

It was pretty tasty.. I saved some leftover pork for quick meals later. :)

Thanks for looking!

I just had lunch and I'm completely stuffed, but I would eat a plate of that. I can only imagine what it smells like. Thanks for sharing!

Jeanius, what would it take to get some of that over here?

ANOTHER marriage proposal??:becky::hug:

Geesh, that looks too good!

That sure looks good Jeannie, I generally eat off that cutting board, that is nice plating

Jeanie,
Ya beat me to it. :mmph:

When I lived in Iran, my best friend's wife was from Thailand.
She taught me to make "Khao Moo Daeng" (anglo name is "Moo Dang") which is almost identical to your recipie.
She taught me to use NOH Chinese Barbeque Char Siu Seasoning Mix which is pretty much your spice mix.
Pork Tenderloin marinated overnight and served sliced at about 1/4 " thick. Dipped in Soy with Coleman mustard and then into roasted Sesame seads by the diner.
Served with rice (I like fried rice like you did).

I am making it tomorrow and was gonna post, but no need now :-D

Y'all-----this is a killer meal.

Well Done Jeanie.

TIM

Wow, for 6 months I have been trying to find oriental bbq pork, because I love it in fried rice.
And lo and behold here is a recipe from a lady north of the Red river.

Well thank ya kindly maam for posting that.
Looks like my weekend menu has been filled.

Red food coloring huh? I've always wondered if that was really pork in my pork fried rice. Now i believe it, i think. :) That dish looks beautiful Jeanie, another home run!

I will trust you that is taste great but got to say thats a beautiful plate and I'd give it at least a 10 if it came across my judging table.
Dave

Just ate lunch and I am hungry again. WOW This looks like a must try Already have it saved
Thanks a Bunch
Dishwasher:hungry:

Thank you for the kind comments friends!

Al...Thanks again! :mrgreen:

Jeanius, what would it take to get some of that over here?

ANOTHER marriage proposal??:becky::hug:

Geesh, that looks too good!

lol Thanks Pat! :mrgreen: I would share with you if you lived closer! :grin:

That sure looks good Jeannie, I generally eat off that cutting board, that is nice plating

Bob thank you! I do the same... I probably had a mouth full when I snapped the last pics. lol :becky:

Jeanie,
Ya beat me to it. :mmph:

When I lived in Iran, my best friend's wife was from Thailand.
She taught me to make "Khao Moo Daeng" (anglo name is "Moo Dang") which is almost identical to your recipie.
She taught me to use NOH Chinese Barbeque Char Siu Seasoning Mix which is pretty much your spice mix.
Pork Tenderloin marinated overnight and served sliced at about 1/4 " thick. Dipped in Soy with Coleman mustard and then into roasted Sesame seads by the diner.
Served with rice (I like fried rice like you did).

I am making it tomorrow and was gonna post, but no need now :-D

Y'all-----this is a killer meal.

Well Done Jeanie.

TIM

Tim please post your pics!! I would love to see them!! I bet your friend's recipe is great! Your soy mustard dip sounds wonderful too, I will try that next time. Thank you for the kind comment!! :grin:

Jason...Thank you!! :-D

Wow, for 6 months I have been trying to find oriental bbq pork, because I love it in fried rice.
And lo and behold here is a recipe from a lady north of the Red river.

Well thank ya kindly maam for posting that.
Looks like my weekend menu has been filled.

Thank you Bigkahunaranch! It's an easy but tasty recipe, hope you give it a try!
I've been sort of close to your area... Lake Whitney to the north of you. It was pretty there. :)

Looks real good, but why red food coloring? Can't the same degrade of red be accomplished by using red paprika powder?

Thank you Not your pork! I would think the paprika might change the flavor of the marinade. The food coloring adds brightness but no flavor. (hope that makes sense).. I hope you give it a try sometime. Thanks again! :grin:

BigBlock, Thank you!! :-D

Red food coloring huh? I've always wondered if that was really pork in my pork fried rice. Now i believe it, i think. :) That dish looks beautiful Jeanie, another home run!

Hey Jason...it's not seafood this time!! :becky: It's real pork in your rice. lol
Thanks friend..

ytsejam...Thank you!! :)

I will trust you that is taste great but got to say thats a beautiful plate and I'd give it at least a 10 if it came across my judging table.
Dave

Dave thank you so much! You're too kind...

damn cowgirl... is there nothing that you cannot make?

lol yes...too many to list! :becky: Thank you Jaskew!

Just ate lunch and I am hungry again. WOW This looks like a must try Already have it saved
Thanks a Bunch
Dishwasher:hungry:

Thank you George!! I have a few dishes saved for you. lol :becky:

Thanks again everyone, you're a kind group of friends...

Back